CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

Cracked open two more rolls of pennies.

Roll #1 - Two wheaties from the 40's

Roll #2 - BU 1971 D, wheatie from 20's and one from the 40's.

Two silver Kennedy's in change.

8 Silver Rosies

Not a bad week. Going through coin rolls is fun and passes the time between classes. I get enough stares at the library because of it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing good in the last couple of weeks, but since early summer:

> '63 Roosie and '62 Washington, both VF, from the change box for the office coffee fund

> '40 nickel, maybe in F

> Three war nickels: a '43-P and '45-P, both VG, and another very worn '45-P, AG at best

The war nickels all came from an automated change dispenser at a local supermarket so I assume someone must have dumped them, either accidentally or on purpose.

1919 wheatie from the Chevron gas station in Chilliwack ;)

I got a 1918 from a Chevron in California once, I think it is my earliest coin ever from circulation. On that trip, about 2 weeks, I came back with several early Jeffersons, a silver dime, and several wheaties.

I worked for Chevron for 7 yrs so I think they owed me :ninja:

about a month ago i got an 1899 indian head penny.

3 months ago i was metal detecting up in some small town in the hills and I stopped off to buy a soda and the lady gave me back 2 mercs, so I asked her if I could get some more change. I ended up with 9 mercs and 2 silver rosies....i have been back since but no luck...I even asked her to check her quarters.

• 2 weeks later...
Strange how the machines give them out as change but won't take them...same thing with Canadian coins.

I've never had a problem using Canadian coins with machines whether it be arcade or washing machines. Odd isn't it.

Went to a coin shop today and bought a Coins magazine. Got back a bicentennial $0.50. The guy said they give out coins like that to gain more interest in the hobby.

Went to a coin shop today and bought a Coins magazine. Got back a bicentennial $0.50. The guy said they give out coins like that to gain more interest in the hobby.

I have also received some interesting coins in change from coin shops. I always thought that it resulted from them buying collections and separating the coins that they would not be able to sell. Same effect, I guess, but slightly different motivation - who knows.

I've never had a problem using Canadian coins with machines whether it be arcade or washing machines. Odd isn't it.

Being a border town all the machines here are set to reject Canadain coins. Otherwise they would lose money because everyone would use them to get the "discount". Only place that I know takes them at par are the toll baskets on the Thru-way.