CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

:ninja:

I made the same mistake in the Coin Idol forum this week, but instead I took a king for a witch! ;)

I think this early series of Ireland banknote was designed in a abstract ( modern ) art type. Incidently this series of note is quite popular among world collectors. I myself have the 1 and 5 pounds in uncirculated condition with solid serial numbers. ;)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just added this new country Blangadesh. Large Denomination 1999 500 Taka Solid 5555555. A pretty worn out note but it is a good addition into my collection.

So it circulated until someone noticd the solid digits? wow. lucky note to be saved.

It is even possible to get circulated solids here in the USA, some people really don't care. In Bangladesh, there is not quite the novelty of the serial number either, it is not a rich country and one would be inclined to spend it rather than save it.

All the more reason I'm impressed someone found it in time to save it!

It is even possible to get circulated solids here in the USA, some people really don't care. In Bangladesh, there is not quite the novelty of the serial number either, it is not a rich country and one would be inclined to spend it rather than save it.

Yes, countries such as Bangladesh will be difficult to find such solids as there are no available pool of local collectors for solids. I prefer collect such countries' solids even though this note have staple holes, two tears at the centre left and right.

My first Equatorial African States Note. This one is Country Code A for Chad. I like the imagery on this one a lot.

Looks like a perfect note for Popular Banknote Idol. Are entries still allowed?

I don't know about proofs, and especially uncut proofs. I've seen single notes of this proof for sale for about five dollars. I imagine that they follow the specimen values, and take into consideration the rarity and desireablility too. Getting some online stores and auction prices would put it in the right ballpark. I've seen single notes of this proof for sale for about five dollars.

Hello all,

First post! Allow myself......to introduce.......myself. My name is Brett (chiefpawpaw on eBay & banknotebank), and I collect, buy, sale, and trade US/Philippine Banknotes (1903-1949). Anyways, I just thought I would share my latest purchases with you kind folks. Please have a look at my US Administration Philippine Notes on banknotebank.com (ABSOLUTELY NO JIM's, or GUERILLA MONEY)! I am only interested in the US Printed Phlippine notes.

Here are a few of my latest purchases:

p19 1928 50 Peso BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) Low 3 Digit Serial

912242A.jpg

912242B.jpg

p60b 1918 1 Peso Treasury Certificate (Greenback)

912241A.jpg

912241B.jpg

p11b 1912 100 Peso BPI

912239A.jpg

912239B.jpg

p34e 1908 20 Peso Silver Certificate

912240A.jpg

912240B.jpg

This note is very similar to the infamous 1905 $20 Gold Certificate "Technicolor" note (although, not the LARGE size as the US $20 Technicolor). Two cool facts about Philippine paper money from the period is that 1) The USBEP printed all of these notes and 2) the Philippine paper money implemented the small size (current size) design from it's inception in 1903.

I hope that you enjoy seeing these rare notes! Currently, all of these are at PMG being graded. The 1928 50P & 1908 20P will be on eBay very soon.If anyone has any questions regarding US/Philippine paper money, please contact me! I will do my best to be a help. Take care!

Great lookin note Chief, that 50 and 100 especially.

Thank you vfox, I hope that PMG goes easy on me! :ninja: The 50P I believe will grade VF20-25 (it has been trimmed and has a light pencil mark across the front) and the 100P should grade Choice Fine 15 - VF 20. I am really looking forward to seeing what the 1 Peso note grades. It only has a faint middle fold. I'm hoping for a AU53, but would be happy with a CH.EF45. I will update the scans when I get the notes back. Thank you for the compliment, and sorry for the story!

Welcome to Coinpeople!

Thanks for posting these notes! I've been enjoying your banknotes on Banknotebank.com since you've started placing them there. You mentioned that you collect as well as sell and buy - Do you have these in your personal collection already, or are you just ready to get rid of them?

I am surprised that there are about 4 or 5 (four I can think of off-hand) people on BanknoteBank.com and Coinpeople that specialize solely in Philippine Banknotes from that era, though each collection is still different because of the issuing authorities (or lack thereof) that were present during that timeframe, especially during the WWII years. Each collection is pretty impressive on it's own, and for it's own reasons.

Welcome to Coinpeople!

Thanks for posting these notes! I've been enjoying your banknotes on Banknotebank.com since you've started placing them there. You mentioned that you collect as well as sell and buy - Do you have these in your personal collection already, or are you just ready to get rid of them?

I am surprised that there are about 4 or 5 (four I can think of off-hand) people on BanknoteBank.com and Coinpeople that specialize solely in Philippine Banknotes from that era, though each collection is still different because of the issuing authorities (or lack thereof) that were present during that timeframe, especially during the WWII years. Each collection is pretty impressive on it's own, and for it's own reasons.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the very kind words!

2 of the notes I posted pics of are for my personal collection. The 1912 100 Peso, and the 1918 1 Peso (however, I have another 1918 that is PMG graded at AU, and depending on the grade, it may end up on eBay as well). The other two I will be selling on eBay. I currently have a few lots for sale on eBay, including a 1944 20 Peso Victory STAR Note, a 22 note lot that includes a 1944 1 Peso Victory STAR Note (low grade), and a 1949 Victory with Central Bank of the Philippines Overprint (THICK VARIETY). If you would like to view my auctions, please click here.

Thanks again Dave!

Hello all,

First post! Allow myself......to introduce.......myself. My name is Brett (chiefpawpaw on eBay & banknotebank), and I collect, buy, sale, and trade US/Philippine Banknotes (1903-1949). Anyways, I just thought I would share my latest purchases with you kind folks. Please have a look at my US Administration Philippine Notes on banknotebank.com (ABSOLUTELY NO JIM's, or GUERILLA MONEY)! I am only interested in the US Printed Phlippine notes.

Here are a few of my latest purchases:

p19 1928 50 Peso BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) Low 3 Digit Serial

912242A.jpg

912242B.jpg

Dang that is one nice note that would fit well into the Beauties on Banknotes section of my collection.