Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

;):ninja: counterfit? I'm going to a coin expo expo tomorrow and sunday. I'll see if they are real.

It's better to be safe than sorry, but in case I am wrong ask around in some of the other areas of this site for someone more knowledgable with these notes. It's not worth spending money to get them authenticated if you can just ask around here for free afterall, it's one reason we are all here. ;)

It's better to be safe than sorry, but in case I am wrong ask around in some of the other areas of this site for someone more knowledgable with these notes. It's not worth spending money to get them authenticated if you can just ask around here for free afterall, it's one reason we are all here. :ninja:

Here's a link to some Bosnian fakes... Link

Hope it helps!

If not, try PM-ing Slavicscott and he should be able to help you out. This was his main area of collection, though he hasn't been around in a while on this board.

Dang that is one nice note that would fit well into the Beauties on Banknotes section of my collection.

Hello Scottishmoney,

If you would like to do a post on Philippine banknote beauties, let me know and I'll provide hi-res scans of the notes you need. I can think of 4 notes off the top of my head that would qualify. Let me know!

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Latest addition is a New Zealand $2 555555. Issued in 1967-1968. It is a short issue. Signed by Chief Cashier Robert Neal Fleming. Circulaton Mintage is 30 million. It is a scarce solid with only 30 pieces of solid 555555 if all the pieces exist and savage from the circulation. This note is a GEM.

912708A.jpg

912708B.jpg

Thank you vfox, I hope that PMG goes easy on me! :ninja: The 50P I believe will grade VF20-25 (it has been trimmed and has a light pencil mark across the front) and the 100P should grade Choice Fine 15 - VF 20. I am really looking forward to seeing what the 1 Peso note grades. It only has a faint middle fold. I'm hoping for a AU53, but would be happy with a CH.EF45. I will update the scans when I get the notes back. Thank you for the compliment, and sorry for the story!

Here are the PMG graded notes:

p11b 1912 100 Peso BPI Ch. Fine 15

912239A.jpg

p19 1928 50 Peso BPI Ch. Fine 15

912242A.jpg

p34e 1908 20 Peso Silver Certificate Very Fine 20

912240A.jpg

p60b 1918 1 Peso Treasury Certificate Ch. Extremely Fine 45

912241A.jpg

p100a 1944 100 Peso Treasury Certificate Ch. Extremely Fine 45

912243A.jpg

Well, I am fairly pleased with the grades, however, as stated before, I think the 1918 could have graded AU, but I knew that the faint middle fold would hold it back. PMG really does a great job of accurately grading notes! I have decided to sell all of these except the p11b 1912 100P. I will be listing them on eBay tonight. Thank you for looking, and enjoy your day!

I have to agree with you Chief, I think the 1918 was undergraded, from what I can tell from the photos, it should have been at least a low Au. Otherwise, not a bad outcome.

I am curious however, is having the notes graded cost effective for you? As I understand it, it is somewhat costly to get notes graded by them. I can't see how even a $50 note would be worth getting graded. I only have one note I would ever have graded, and I already know it's an Unc, just not what "grade" of Unc, and because it's a $300+ note, I can see how having that distinction made would be benefitual if I ever decide to sell it, but that's about it. I am not downplaying having notes graded, I just can't see how the cost outweighs the final selling price.

I have to agree with you Chief, I think the 1918 was undergraded, from what I can tell from the photos, it should have been at least a low Au. Otherwise, not a bad outcome.

I am curious however, is having the notes graded cost effective for you? As I understand it, it is somewhat costly to get notes graded by them. I can't see how even a $50 note would be worth getting graded. I only have one note I would ever have graded, and I already know it's an Unc, just not what "grade" of Unc, and because it's a $300+ note, I can see how having that distinction made would be benefitual if I ever decide to sell it, but that's about it. I am not downplaying having notes graded, I just can't see how the cost outweighs the final selling price.

Vfox,

The main reason I have my better notes graded, is because I am mainly a collector. To me, I would much rather have a graded note than a raw, ungraded note. The cost is inconsequential really, because if I decide to sell (which happens alot since I attend many auctions/shows), then it is third-party graded, and fetches a much more handsome price than a raw note. I constantly stay on the lookout for the better note. If I find one that is better than one I have in my collection, I buy it, and send it to PMG. It's all a matter of preference really. At the end of the day, a nice note is a nice note, and a rag is a rag, even if it says PMG 4. Take care!

Just received this rare beauty for my collection. Really overjoyed to have it in my collection.

Canada 2002 $10 BEK 5555555 ( Knight-Dodge ). This is a changeover prefix. It is the last solid 555555 with Knight-Dodge signatures. In this BEK prefix series, notes numbered 0000000 to 8599999 have the signatures of Knight and Dodge; notes numbered 8600000 to 9999999 have the signatures of Jenkins and Dodge. At the same time, number 8600000, the printing date changed from 2002 to 2003, so BEK is actually a changeover prefix for two reasons. It is rare Canadian solid.

912942A.jpg

912942B.jpg

Congrats on the rare solid, See. At first I thought I saw a bride with a long puffy train on the note.

One question: Is there any difference between the two pics? I cant discern any if there is supposed to be one.

Congrats on the rare solid, See. At first I thought I saw a bride with a long puffy train on the note.

One question: Is there any difference between the two pics? I cant discern any if there is supposed to be one.

thedeadpoint - Thanks for spotting the mistake. Sorry for testing your eye sight. I was just too happy that I forgotten to make changes to the second picture url link when I did a cut and paste from banknotebank. Anyway, it is a happy mistake. :ninja:

This is cool:

912340A.jpg

Not often can you get a then living person signed note. I don't believe QEII does much signing.

He is a generous person. He signed quite a fair bit of notes when he was alive. He was always doing charity work throughout his lifetime. A remarkable person. If the prices of these genuine signed Hillary NZ $5 increases, there will be imitation ones appearing everywhere. Let's hope it does not happen. I should be keeping this note for a very long time since Hillary is the first person to conqueror Mt. Everest.