Rev United States Treasury Building

Security thread

Watermark A Hamilton

GB

£20

Purple

Chief Cashier Andrew Bailey

Front Bank of England, Holographic strip & BoE seal, QEII

Rev Adam Smith Author of 'Wealth of Nations' Scene from his book 'workers in a pin factory '

Security Thread

Watermark QEII

Once again all are up on Banknotebank so please just follow the link in my sig to view :ninja:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They use light weight gliders to get down, and helium balloons to get up in the first place, seen it all on the discovery channel :ninja:;) Of course this beats the old method (Used in the UK and some other countries) were they sat on acorn & waited for the trees to grow, then floated down on leafs during autumn ;)

;)

Nice one Steve!

hi. just bought a collection and i will post several interesting banknotes.

some Montenegro ones( Trna Gora)

some off them are canceled. the 2 perper has also a ANULE, in latin letters

Nice set of notes you've go there! These don't seem to be offered too often on the market, and even the cancelled notes can be expensive. Good going! :ninja:

prommised some yugoslavian ones...

the first 3 are printed after WWI and replaced the different banknotes from the area, especially the austro hungarian korona. are overprinted with value in dinar and korona( 1 d=4 K).

the 100 dinar was printed in 1929 and comes in 2 wmk varieties. it is one of my favorites... after 1941 was handstamped or overprinded by the italians or the germans and circulated also. and soon replaced by some serbian tipes. but those tomorow..

Oh, See. I was wondering just earlier today where you were.

Nice note. Definitely shows more age and wear than most of your posts. What is in the watermark?

Just added this interesting 1959 Indonesia 50 Rupiah with serial number 50 ME 05555. Lots of 5s and prefix 50 that matches 50 Rupiah plus a meaningful "ME" letter prefix.

Indonesia195950ME05555-F-800.jpg

Indonesia195950ME05555-B-800.jpg

I love that note, one of my favs. I have one stuck into my glass coffee table! ;) .........just not a solid. :ninja:

Oh, See. I was wondering just earlier today where you were.

Nice note. Definitely shows more age and wear than most of your posts. What is in the watermark?

Honestly, I am not too bothered with the note condition since I go for interesting serial number that fits into my collection criteria . The watermark is the Indonesia crest. An eagle or bird with wings. If you visit any Indonesian embassy in any country, you should be able to see a huge one display at their hall. I saw a very huge one once in Singapore at the embassy. :ninja:

I love that note, one of my favs. I have one stuck into my glass coffee table! ;) .........just not a solid. ;)

I don't think my piece is a solid. As I am not too familiar with this older series Indonesia banknote, given the serial number 05555, it should not be a solid number unless there are some reason not to print a number greater than 0 on the first digit of the serial number. There are some countries such as Brazil where an earlier series banknote reserve the first digit as 0 unless it reaches a million to include a "1" on the first digit.

I do fancy the prefix "50 ME". So far, I have banknotes with prefix OUR 555555, 0MY 555555, and this one ME. It would be nice to have a prefix FIVE 555555 in my collection. Any countries with four letter prefix so far ? :ninja:

The 1000 Ruble note is interesting for many reasons, one it was the first note issued by the Provisional Russian Government, and still had many of the Tsarist era wording, signatures etc., it also had a swastika in the background on the front, then a good luck symbol, and not associated with Nazis, the reverse had the State Duma or assembly in the centre vignette. Curiously the wording on the front explains that the note is redeemable in gold coin, at the dolya weight etc. But of course that never happened, and the note very quickly lost all value.

This ia a 1993 10 Lat1 note from Lithuania. NOTE: the very low serial number lucky me

33ddno3.jpg

zjw9ch.jpg

A note with a lot of history, the pilots depicted on the note were flying from the USA back to Lithuania but unfortunately they crashed only about 150KM from reaching their destination, but they were a source of pride for a small country. This particular note series is one of my favourite, Lithuanian notes are very colourful and well designed. This 10 Litu note has been updated, with more anti-counterfeiting measures incorporated in the design, but will be shortlived when Lithuania adopts the Euro.