2uhsbib.jpg

nice . especially the 10 r. withe shipov and sovronov signature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed, those Russian notes from the first part of the 1900's (and before if you can find them) are gorgeous. Have you ever seen the 100 and 500r, those things are HUGE.

Have you ever seen the 100 and 500r, those things are HUGE.

huge and beautifull. i especially like them but olso some Sibernaia Rossia printed in 1918-1919 with similar plates but w/o Ecaterini the great but w head of a beautifull woman.

and the big 100 r from 1947 is beautifull but instead of catherine, you will find lenin....

I just got the new polymer Antarctican notes in....

Two $1 bills (one commemorative, other not)

One $2 bill (non-Commemorative)

Two $3 bills (one Commemorative, other not)

these things are some of the best polymer notes I have. Very nice designs, and the are somewhat large in size.

I also got a Vietnamese 10,000 Dong note (polymer issue).... Another very nice note.....

I managed to pay face value for the Antarctican notes by buying direct from the Antarctican Overseas Exchange Office rather than pay inflated prices from Ebay....

Just got these in today.....

North Korea 50 Won, P-21, dated 1978

Vietnam 2000 Dong, P107

Peru 5 Soles de Oro, P-99c, 1974

Nagorna Karabakh 10 Dram

Yemen 100 Rial, P-28

Yemen 50 Rial, P-27

All notes are UNC.....

While the designs of all their notes are great, I really like the Portuguese notes with explorers on them. This one sailed into my mailbox today.

10zu4jb.jpg

I looove that note. How much did it set you back because I really really really want one now. I love Portugal and I loooooove maps.

I looove that note. How much did it set you back because I really really really want one now. I love Portugal and I loooooove maps.

This note, dated 1979 lists for 50 in the new catalog.. but I paid 55 for it from a favorite, reliable dealer - I checked and they have no more of this type. There is another note offered on Ebay today that is dated 1966 and it is going for 65 - which is full catalog - but I've never bought from them.

I can understand your love of maps. I had to have this banknote because of the explorer and the maps... It goes well with my maps of Africa from 1897. I have one overall map of the whole continent and then four more that are more detailed sections of the Southern, Central, Northwest and Northeast areas.

This note, dated 1979 lists for 50 in the new catalog.. but I paid 55 for it from a favorite, reliable dealer - I checked and they have no more of this type. There is another note offered on Ebay today that is dated 1966 and it is going for 65 - which is full catalog - but I've never bought from them.

I can understand your love of maps. I had to have this banknote because of the explorer and the maps... It goes well with my maps of Africa from 1897. I have one overall map of the whole continent and then four more that are more detailed sections of the Southern, Central, Northwest and Northeast areas.

Wow. Quite affordable.

Oh, and in an ideal world with an ideal income, I'd have two main hobbies: Coins/Notes and Map-Collecting. But one hobby is much more accessible right now. Guess which one that is..

Hello banknote forum people,

Here are a few of my recent pick-ups:

1916 5 Peso Star/Replacement Note

913177A.jpg

1903 2 Peso Silver Certificate (signature of President William Taft, 6 years before he was a US President!)

913174A.jpg

1937 10 Peso PNB Note (Washington RADAR Note)

913173A.jpg

I would post more, but I don't want to take up too much room. These are some of the more interesting US/Philippine notes I have bought recently, and while I didn't intend for this to happen, each one has a US president on them! Thank you for looking!

I got most of these a while ago, but never posted. After taking pics of the items I have for sale (go check it out!), I took these as well. The only brand new item is the new Venezuelan notes.

New Venezuelan Bolivares Notes

IMG_0485.jpg

Some Bundles of Serbian Dinar. (these were cheap! =D)

IMG_0486.jpg

Some Bundles of Zambian Kwacha.

IMG_0487.jpg

A handful of Iraqi Dinar. Believe it or not, a local exchange place buys them back. >_<

IMG_0488.jpg

I got most of these a while ago, but never posted. After taking pics of the items I have for sale (go check it out!), I took these as well. The only brand new item is the new Venezuelan notes.

New Venezuelan Bolivares Notes

IMG_0485.jpg

Some Bundles of Serbian Dinar. (these were cheap! =D)

IMG_0486.jpg

Some Bundles of Zambian Kwacha.

IMG_0487.jpg

A handful of Iraqi Dinar. Believe it or not, a local exchange place buys them back. >_<

IMG_0488.jpg

They are beautiful.

The Serbian notes are fun, I only have one but the design and orientation make for a really interesting note. Nice heap! Now only if I could find bundles of pre WWII German currency like that, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

They use light weight gliders to get down, and helium balloons to get up in the first place, seen it all on the discovery channel :ninja:;) Of course this beats the old method (Used in the UK and some other countries) were they sat on acorn & waited for the trees to grow, then floated down on leafs during autumn ;)

Finaly I have started to catch up with my coins so now it is the turn of my banknotes LOL these actualy arrived yesterday :ninja:

50 Dollars

Signed Governor LL Tsumba

Matapos Rocks & Black Rhino

Black Rhino & Zimbabwe ruins

Security Thread

Watermark Zimbabwe Stone carved Bird

$5

Matapos Rocks & Gazells

Gazells & Terraced hills

Security Thread

$10

Matapos Rocks & Sable Antelope

Sable Antelope, Cliffs & River

Security Thread

$500

Matapos Rocks & zebras

zebras & Power Station

Security Thread

To view just follow the link in my sig and I hope that you like them as much as I do