Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice note jtryka, those 1914's were a lovely series. I can remember a few years ago they were not that pricey, but lately they have marched forward in pricing. They are so emblematic of the times, with the locomotives, industrial, agricultural scenes you cannot help but appreciate them.

The $10 1914 FRN like the one above is my favorite of the reverse designs.

How many more sig. combos do you need? Surely I've seen you post other $10 notes on here.

The note is nice, but far from Unc. I see 3 folds for sure and soft edges, not that it detracts all that much from the overall look of the note though. I've gotten about half a dozen of these from my work over the last few years, and they normally sell for 1.5-3X face, so $15-30 is the average from my experience. I am not sure of the rarity of the Philly notes, but they are normally somewhat common in the currency trade. A quick hop on eBay should give you a good idea of the current market for these.

• 1 month later...

From the Countryside, IL show:

1928 C $1 Silver Certificate. A key to the whole regularly-issued $1 cert. series starting 1923. Let's just say, I saw more 1928Es or 1790's cents or red UNC early 19th C copper or Hawaii/North Africa star notes than I did 1928Cs. Only one more note needed (1923 Woods-Tate) to finish the reg-issue series set I started.... The star notes on the other hand... those will be tough.

I got it for an excellent price. I'm not happy with the condition but since they're so hard to come by, I took it anyway. If I find a nicer one, I can pawn this one off very easily to help pay for the nicer one.

910936A.jpg

910936B.jpg

The nice thing about searching for the harder-to-find notes is that dealers always know if they have one or not. I don't have to sift through dozens of notes just to find it, I can usually just look for their featured notes or ask away. Makes searching the bourse easy and efficient.

Also, I got a 1935 D narrow margins star note. I actually thought I had this one, then went through my collection realized one was mislabelled or something. Turns out I didn't have it. I got this for a good deal. It's nice and crisp and has good embossing. I got home to take it off my "need list" and I apparently already bought one at the last show... thats what happens when you don't wake up early to prepare your list.

910943A.jpg

910943B.jpg

I also saw some awesome coins and notes I don't have. I was really really tempted by quite a selection: proof barber dimes, gorgeously toned half dimes and seated dimes, low-hundred dollar range early coppers (1790s and 1800s), trade dollars, 1923 Woods Tate in great condition, TWO Hawaii star silver certs! and... the one I was most tempted by Star North Africa note... Only $300 but I've got X-mas gifts to buy!!!!! GAH! So rare and hard to find, ESPECIALLY in an affordable condition!!!

What a show. Thanks Carl.

Dave love that St Helena :ninja: DP I have to agree with you done it myself a few times just because I forgot to update the list LOL but have to say a lovely note ;)

Nice note $65 ;):ninja:

Makes my latest purchase look small

Argentina 5 Australs

Bangladesh 5 Dhaka

Belgium 20, 100 Francs

*Bosnia 50 Convertable Marka

Bulgaria 50 100

China 5 Yuan (Foreign Echange Note)

Czechoslovakia 10, 20 Korun

Dominican Rupublic 10 Pesos

*El Salvador 10 Colon

Egypt 10 Pounds

*Haiti 5 Gourde

*Iran - Shah 10 Rials

Israel 5 10 100 Lirot

Jamaica 50 cents

Korea 10 Jeon

*Malaysia 1 Ringgit

Nicaragua 100, 1000 Cordobas

Paraquay 5, 1000 Guaranies

Philippines 10 100 Pesos

Portugal 100 Escudos

*Qatar 1 Riyal

Russia 3 Ruble 1938

Singapore 1 5 10 Dollars

Tanzania 200 schilling

*Uganda 200 Schilling

Vietnam - South 5 Dong

*Yemen (Arab Republic) 20 Riyals

Zambia 500 Kwacha

Zimbabwe 5 Dollars

The whole Kit and Kabodel $40 Dollars. All Bought at a local Coin show. Now the FUN begins. ;)

See! You're back! I've been wondering if you've found all the super solids out there and had no more to post.

That dong is one cool looking note. I can't tell if thats a yellow-green or a green-yellow or what color the note is.

See! You're back! I've been wondering if you've found all the super solids out there and had no more to post.

That dong is one cool looking note. I can't tell if thats a yellow-green or a green-yellow or what color the note is.

---

I am slowing down lately in my collection but I am still collecting. Last month purchase was a HK HSBC 1999 $500 555555 when I was in Hong Kong.

For the Vietnam 100,000 Dong, it is light green. Some yellow color noted as well. I got an earlier similar piece with a year 2006 issued 06 555555.

Today I was very happy to get this in the mail. I needed a pick-me-up and it did the job pretty good. It's AUNC due to a little edge dings. This thing is huge - 8-3/4 inches long by 4-3/8 inches high.

6u5fv39.jpg

Gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...