CoinPeople.com

Short Snorter 2006

Art

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Got them. Will probably have them out Saturday.

Fantastic. Aren't they looking great?

• 2 weeks later...

Received the snorters back from ccg. I'll repackage and get them off to Europe on Monday.

Received the snorters back from ccg. I'll repackage and get them off to Europe on Monday.

Sweet :ninja:

Follow this url to see the USPS website images of the Priority and Express mail stamps.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...22851&langId=-1

that is pretty cool ... i'm glad someone pointed it out--i've been using online postage lately (since 9/11 it makes more sense--stamped mail over 12oz has to be handed to a postal counter) and i would have never seen it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. The package of Snorters was mailed International Priority Mail yesterday to Germany for Banevichi. Shouldn't take too long to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

The Short Snorters are being searched for at the present time. Update to come early next week.

Well the Short Snorters were sent to Germany. Unfortunately the person who requested they be sent to a particular address moved suddenly while they were in transit. The US Post Office has no record of them other than that they were sent from Kennedy on a certain date and time. The receiver has had a friend attempt to retrieve them from the delivery address but was told they are not there. All we can do now is hope that the German Post Office will return them.

I can not think of any course of action to take at this point, other than to wait. Any ideas?

Like the rest of you, I find this situation very upsetting. I don't want to give up hope on this and ask that each of you keep a good thought about it as well. Perhaps they'll find their way home.

I can not think of any course of action to take at this point, other than to wait. Any ideas?

Did the package have a tracking number?

If so, maybe one of our German members can find out at Deutsche Post about the whereabouts of the package.

The Dutch postal service requires that the sender takes action in case of a problem.

There once was a package for me lost in the mail, due to a wrong house number on the envelope. Postal service knew where it was (all "lost" mail goes to one central point here in NL), I knew where it was (cause the tracking service told me that), but they refused to send it to me. The sender had to request that the parcel be sent back to her, and then she could send it to me again. She could not request to send it directly to me, only back to her. Stupid rules... :ninja:

Maybe Deutsche Post has similar rules.

Anyway, before getting into that, we better first find out where it is now.

US Post Office was no help. Said the tracking number was valid only in the US and that they had tracked it as far as they could. Does anyone know how to contact the German Postal Service -- I guess I can find that on the internet somewhere.

http://www.deutschepost.de/

This site is in German, obviously.

You can switch it to english, if you know where to do that....

At the right hand side there's a box with a looking glass and the following words:

Kontakt     Übersicht
            Hilfe

Suchen

Sprache: DEU ENG

Click "ENG" and it will switch the Sprache (language) into Englisch (English)

I haven't examined the site any further

Archived