CoinPeople.com

State Quarters

Brett

OK, so the circulation grade coins will not have any real collector value for at least 2300 years. I still love the little guys. It's a great program. :ninja:

< I wonder how that compares to the entire mintage of all quarters produced prior to the State Quarters. >

Have only run some of the numbers so far, but the production of the six years of the state quarters just about equals the entire 25 year circulation production from 1965 to 1990.

Mintage for the entire circulation clad quarter coinage from 1965 through 1998 is 37,512,342,519.

The 33 years production of eagle reverse clad quarters (plus the bicentennials) exceeds the production of state quarters so far by only 11,516,182,519.

But at the rate that state are being struck, the WV plus the next two years should see an additional 8,410,522,352 coins for a total mintage of 34,406,682,352 coins.

So the ten year mintage of the state quarters will be almost equal to the previous 33 years of coinage. So roughly one out of every two quarters made in the past half century will be a state quarter.

It would be nice to find Wisconsins varieties in my pocket change. I am purchasing rolls from the bank. Hope to find one. I understand they are worth up to 450 usd.

Wow ;) those are some big numbers, I guess my collection will never be worth anything :ninja: Is a good thing I'm just collecting them for fun and because they are great to look at, unlike most of the other coins, they all look the same in a series:sorry:  for the most part :lol:

I have a full set of them myself. And I am also doing one of those 99 cent folders of ones I pluck from circulation. ;)

I started after joining the "previous" Coinpeople forum and taking an interest in US coins.

I'm on top of the series.

I will buy 2005 issues in one hit after Xmas.

I wish the Royal mint would follow the example.

Archived