CoinPeople.com

US Coins You Have Never Owned

Scottishmoney

Sheesh. Lots of them I wanted but never owned.

I think to say ALL regular issues prior to 1800 would cover it pretty well.

I have no gold and I want some. After considerable deliberation, I have decided that I want a $20 St Gaudens, a $10, $5 and $2.5 Indian. EF-AU with no problems is just fine..dates not important Not slabbed...there are several dealers that I trust (not so much that I haven't educated myself some on weights and specific gravity and common counterfits etc) as well as spending the last 6-7 months looking closely at as many as I am able to examine close up.

Been very patient and sort of waiting for gold to go down but it has not been very cooperative. Hopefully, I will buy myself a big-@** xmas gift and then watch the Treasure of the Sierra Madre with my gold and chuckle.

... and if you ask me the question again after that, I will have another answer :ninja:

Even my 10 yr old daughter has bought a few of the USA Morgans.

Firstly, congrats on 500. Secondly, Ive been dragging my feet on the whole morgan dollar dillema. I have an issue with collecting in general. I'm what you call a algae bloom collector. I start out at one, then end up collecting anything related to the subject ( Books, newspaper articles, making expansive databases, notes). Then one random day I wake and say, "This is too much crap, I wonder who I can give it to?" I am a coinaholic, and coinpeople is the little yellow pill ;) that keeps me even. The only coins I am currently collecting are state quarters and nickels. If I were collecting morgans, I would be too busy working two jobs to get semi-key dates and mowing lawns and shoveling snow for some carson city's. Its just not safe. :ninja:

A skinny eagle reverse (1796-97) half dollar. 

I finally got one of those this year. Not much in terms of grade but you know how hard they are to find problem-free. Linky....

1796 50¢

I'm looking for a circulated problem free Gobrecht Dollar these days. Tough coin to find.

I love, love, love the early gold. Liberty just looks funky. Not in my price range at the moment, maybe in 30 years when the kids are self sufficient.

I finally got one of those this year.  Not much in terms of grade but you know how hard they are to find problem-free.  Linky....

1796 50¢

I'm looking for a circulated problem free Gobrecht Dollar these days.  Tough coin to find.

Not bad at all on your half. :ninja:

As for a Gobrect dollar...check out the current ANR auction

Nice half you have there gpnyc. I wouldn't mind having one like that.

I do not have any gold coins but in the next few years I see a handful entering my collection. Another piece that I don't have is a 20 cent piece.

As for a Gobrect dollar...check out the current ANR auction

Thanks for the link! I see that the coin is in a PCGS holder yet it looks cleaned to me. What's your opinion?

Nice half you have there gpnyc. I wouldn't mind having one like that.

Well it took me 25 years of collecting coins to finally get one so don't give up hope!