CoinPeople.com

US Coins You Have Never Owned

Scottishmoney

09S IHC, 09S VDB, 14D, $20 Gold Eagle, and a Shield nickel in EF or better. A few days ago I bought my first Morgan in XF, (but I think it could go for AU), and since then I have been obsessed with silver. At the coin shop I bought a 5oz bar of silver and a 1oz when silver was down at like 6.65. I have been checking the stocks everyday now, waiting to sell. After I sell, I'm going to wait til it goes down again to get the kilo that they have :ninja: . My friend had to go and outdo me, by buying a 10oz. Oh well.

Thanks for the link!  I see that the coin is in a PCGS holder yet it looks cleaned to me.  What's your opinion?

The color is kinda washed-out looking to me, but at least from the pic I really don't see any problems. Call Melissa at ANR and ask her about it. (or have someone who is attending eyeball it for you.)

Jim

A 1933 St. Gaudens (that no one else knew about, hehe)

Any clean Gobrecht dollar.

An uncirculated 1932 P/D/S Washington quarter set.

A 1916 set - dime (D of course), SLQ and Walker (S mint).

Any Stella.

... I can't find a smilie of someone drooling uncontrollably ...

• 6 years later...

Talk about digging up an old thread. Shortly after posting I did buy a 1799 bust dollar. I guess I don't really care for the shield nickels or 20 cent pieces because I still don't have them. I got in trouble with my boss for buying the dollar back then, in fact I was in the doghouse for about a month afterwards. I moved back into the house after agreeing to sell off Anne - but somehow now seven years later I still have my silver Anne and my boss sort of forgot about her.

Never had gold, never had an American halfpenny, never had a Bust anything, a halfdime, or a 3c piece of either content. These oversights will be corrected some day. :)

I really really need to keep track of my type set. I was at a store last week and had no idea which type set coins I had/needed (besides the obvious ones)

• 2 weeks later...

Just saying US coins is not really clear. Notice some say a type or denomination. Some say a certain date and type such as a 1909S VDB. For US coins and being specific, most would have to say coins such as the 1913 Liberty Head Nickel or the 1894S Liberty Head Dime. Being vague allows many people with type sets to mention very few they have never owned since they usually have one of almost all.

For me I've never even seen a US coin dated in the 1600's. Never had nor will have a 1933 Double Eagle.

And if you have a Red Book, see that listing on pages 423 to 427? I don't have any of those either.