36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Coin Cracker?

• Yes! Freedom!
    • No way, what are you nuts?
    • Sometimes if I get the urge.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually cut the top edge off the ANACS slab on the Morgan I did the other week.  It's nifty.

Now that it's out of that ANACS AU holder, you could send it to PCGS and they'd grade it MS66, probably. ahaha

Seriously, that one looked like an unc to me. I couldn't see what they based an AU grade on.

After reading this topic, all i can say is that i really hope Tiff and Erik still have 5 fingers on each hand. :ninja:

BTW, never bought anything on a slab.

Jose ;)

Ahem, smashin' coin in your avatar pic. I don't arf fancy that'n, I don't......I mean, it's toned up so nice an' all........

Now that it's out of that ANACS AU holder, you could send it to PCGS and they'd grade it MS66, probably.  ahaha

Seriously, that one looked like an unc to me.  I couldn't see what they based an AU grade on.

I could, but I won't. It is free and shall remain free! :ninja:

Guest Stujoe
Crack 'em...Crack 'em ALL!!!!

From $100.00 coins--the cheapest I have ever bought slabbed--to $6200.00 coins--the most expensive I have ever bought slabbed--they all get liberated as soon as I get them home.

You are now my idol. :ninja:

I've cut up mint and proof sets, but I've never actually killed a slab. I have, however, cut out TPG coins. (ICCS in Canada sticks graded coins in a sealed plastic flip, so no big knife required.)

I voted sometimes, though I have never as of yet. It would depend on the packaging.

A slabbed coin I would probably remove. However, as I do not own any slabbed, I think the first one I ever get I may keep that way just so that I have an example to show.

Mint sets and such I do not break apart as that is why I get them: as sets. All other packaging (boxes, certificates, etc) I save as well -all stored in a large box seperately though. I save these only for possibly future sales, as they usually command a better premium than without them.

• 2 months later...

Archived