CoinPeople.com

2010 Lincoln Reverse Design

thedeadpoint

2010 Lincoln Reverse Design  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the announced design?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • An acquired taste
    • Hate it

The reverse design of the 2010 Lincoln cent has been announced:

2010-Lincoln-One-Cent-Coin-Reverse-Design.jpg

I have mixed feelings on it.

1) I like that it's a design reminiscent of the late 19th century coinage - all designs I love. It's not another eagle or another monument. A classic motif.

2) It's a little too simple and uninspiring.

I would LOVE to see it in high relief though.

Most importantly, there is no end date for this design. It could become the new wheat back or memorial reverse - last for generations.

What do you think?

I do like it! I would have been more of one of the flying eagle reverses they were considering but this will do.

Anyway, I'm sure the design will be flattened out so much it'll end up looking as dreadful as the obverse of the new nickels.

Honestly, I think it's bland and unimaginative. I had my hopes up when I saw the eagle design in the running, though.

Sadly, since the composition change in '82, most pennies don't seem to be holding up in circulation very well. I've started seeing cabin and log splitter cents in moderately circulated condition now, and the beauty of those coins fades after they are spent about 5 times. I am not holding my breath for this design. I can't help the feeling that this design, like the confounded new nickel design, will show nicks and scratches too easily.

But then again, with the way things are going, the mint is probably only going to make 12,000,000 of the new design, so we won't even have to worry about seeing it in circulation.

The reverse design of the 2010 Lincoln cent has been announced:

2010-Lincoln-One-Cent-Coin-Reverse-Design.jpg

I have mixed feelings on it.

1) I like that it's a design reminiscent of the late 19th century coinage - all designs I love. It's not another eagle or another monument. A classic motif.

2) It's a little too simple and uninspiring.

I would LOVE to see it in high relief though.

Most importantly, there is no end date for this design. It could become the new wheat back or memorial reverse - last for generations.

What do you think?

Don't like it. I wish it were the LP-12

2010_Lincoln_Cent_Design_12.jpg

I'd have to say I wouldn't mind seeing designs 14, 15, or 17. They're detailed enough to really inspire some appreciation and attention from numismatists as well as the general public, they're fundamentally American, and they will probably handle circulation reasonably well.

But I guess it's too late to really throw our two cents out there at this point. We'll see how the new design looks in person.

I think I like 12 best too. I wouldn't have minded two of the eagles or the wheat bail. Too bad the other shield has "1 c" (cent symbol) instead of "cent" or "one". If they didn't have that stupid "1 c", that would have been my favorite design.

I think I like 12 best too. I wouldn't have minded two of the eagles or the wheat bail. Too bad the other shield has "1 c" (cent symbol) instead of "cent" or "one". If they didn't have that stupid "1 c", that would have been my favorite design.

I was thinking the same actually. Put "ONE CENT" in the banner, and move "E Pluribus Unum" to the bottom, below the shield, and we've got a winner right there.

Maybe in 2059...

I made a quick rendering of a copper version of this. It's not perfect but it gives you the idea of what a copper one may look like...sorta. Lol.

15ghg1.jpg

That looks better than the b/w version... did you do that on ps? - it's pretty good

Yeah I tossed it into Photoshop and just doubled some layers and colorized it. Not exactly what a true rendering would look like; the light, shadows, and depth are not correct. However, it makes a good rough reference. :ninja:

Archived