CoinPeople.com

Pics of a few British Conder Tokens ...

1795 Halfpenny sized Conder Token. Yorkshire, York. Obverse: York Cathedral. Reverse: Clifford's Tower A.D. 1100 DH.63

899967.jpg

1794 Halfpenny sized Conder Token. Somersetshire, Bath. Botanic Gardens Gate. Scriptures. Tree and ruins. Scriptures. DH.26

899966.jpg

1794 Halfpenny sized Conder Token The Union of Appledore Kent around windmill. Peace Innocence and Plenty around lion and lamb. DH.3.

899964.jpg

Thank you, sir ;)

I rather like those old copper things :ninja:

I love them. Great tokens. They should make quite a splash in the others or copper catagories for our next BCPI.

:ninja:

I love them. Great tokens. They should make quite a splash in the others or copper catagories for our next BCPI.

;)

I'm glad to hear there will be another BPCI :ninja:

I obviously enjoyed the last one ;)

Thanks, Oli :ninja:

The surfaces on that one are nearly prooflike.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this group. I think that Conders are still one of the most interesting and inexpensive "deals" going in numismatics. But if you keep posting pics like this we're going to have hard time keeping that a secret aren't we? :ninja:

Hey Auld one!

That York one, i saw a few of those in York when i was there. A bit overpriced they were (i would think at any rate as they were in an antiques centre) but they had a heck of alot of lustre left on them. I recognised them immediately after i'd seen a picture of yours!

It's weird where things can turn up, i would never have noticed them if i hadn't have seen yours first. When i go coin browsing i tend to tune out (brain switches off) to all the coins i don't need so i stroll past them without batting an eyelid, saves me a heck of alot of money in the long run but i sure miss alot! :ninja:

Hey Auld one!

That York one, i saw a few of those in York when i was there. A bit overpriced they were (i would think at any rate as they were in an antiques centre)  but they had a heck of alot of lustre left on them. I recognised them immediately after i'd seen a picture of yours!

It's weird where things can turn up, i would never have noticed them if i hadn't have seen yours first. When i go coin browsing i tend to tune out (brain switches off) to all the coins i don't need so i stroll past them without batting an eyelid, saves me a heck of alot of money in the long run but i sure miss alot! ;)

I do the same thing, Ætheling ... Then, if nobody has what I'm looking for, I circulate through again and look at practically everything. I'm afraid that's how I end up with coins I "really didn't want in the first place" ... but I enjoy them anyway :ninja:

1795 Halfpenny sized Conder Token. Yorkshire, York. Obverse: York Cathedral. Reverse: Clifford's Tower A.D. 1100 DH.63

Thanx for sharing. A beautiful collection of pieces (that I know nothing about). That first one..the York..WoW some *very* impressive detail on the architecture!

Thanx for sharing.  A beautiful collection of pieces (that I know nothing about).  That first one..the York..WoW some *very* impressive detail on the architecture!

Thanks for the kind words :ninja:

I only have a small collection of these, and most of them have architecture of some kind on them ... cathedral, church, bridge, buildings of some kind. I love the detail on those, too.

• 1 month later...

899967.jpg

1794 Halfpenny sized Conder Token. Somersetshire, Bath. Botanic Gardens Gate. Scriptures. Tree and ruins. Scriptures. DH.26

899966.jpg

1794 Halfpenny sized Conder Token The Union of Appledore Kent around windmill. Peace Innocence and Plenty around lion and lamb. DH.3.

899964.jpg

All beautiful high grade conders. :ninja: Congratulations. I'm envious of your York one in particular!

Ian

• 1 month later...
I really like the political tokens from that era, someday I would like to find a Thomas Paine token.

I also like a very common one, the Incline Plane at Coalbrookedale.

Well, here you go ...

1792 Halfpenny sized Conder Token. Shropshire, Coalbrook Dale Ketley. Iron Bridge at Coalbrook Dale. Inclined Plane at Ketley. DH.29

899965.jpg

:ninja:

Oh my, a bridge! I adore bridges, and that one is lovely!

Welcome in the darkest area of the darkside Sir! It's hard until you get your first token... ;)

I've started my tokens collection with a beer token from my city, and now I have kilograms...but no Conder tokens yet... :ninja: