CoinPeople.com

anyone have 16+ grand I can borrow?

ovrundr

Not for those! They are Morgans! :ninja:;)

Now if you were interested in the money in order to buy ATTRACTIVE coins...

The answer is still no! ;)

The listing states that they estimate 40-60K in value. So 16k would probably be a good price but probably will be low compared to the final. That's only 20 dollars per coin. I'd guess they'll end up in the 30-32 dollars per coin neighborhood.

Good luck.

Next Tuesday I find out if I win a brand new PT Cruiser turbo convertible from a contest at work. I estimate my odds are about 1 in 100. If I win I'm selling it and buying a whole lotta coins!

Maybe I'll buy you some Morgans!

The listing states that they estimate 40-60K in value. So 16k would probably be a good price but probably will be low compared to the final. That's only 20 dollars per coin. I'd guess they'll end up in the 30-32 dollars per coin neighborhood.

Good luck.

pretty good guess. It went for 21,211.00 or 34 per coin. Must be nice to have that much to put into coins.

:ninja:

Seller has 19 negs, all on misrepresented lots. I hope the buyer makes out OK. The pic of the coins shows loose Morgans scattered among the slabs. I'm having a little trouble believing that there are 21.2 K worth of coins there.

Probably three or four coins worth from $100 to $1,000 each and the rest common stuff worth $20 or so each. If a coin dealer has a collection worth $40-60K, he'll do his best to get that much out of it by selling it in singles and small groups if it takes a year. I don't know of anyone who deals seriously in coins who'll dump a valuable lot in that value range for half its value in an online flea market like ebay.

'Course someone apparently believed them. ;-)

Guest Stujoe

There is supposed to be no 21's in the lot. The lot went higher than No Brainer territory but I don't think the buyer did too bad if he gets what is described (ie No 21s, all PCGS or NGC for the slabs, and actual MS coins fo the raw ones). He might even be able to make a little profit if he resold them one at a time or in small lots.

Reading the seller's negs, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that everything except what he actually showed in the way of tough dates was a 1921. He would counter by saying "read the ad. It states no 1921-S."

Just from reading his negs I would never bid on anything he/she offered. The fact that the seller brags on being "ebay's first titanium power seller" and features a pic in the ad of himself and partner with ebay's founder turns me off.

Reading the seller's negs,  it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that everything except what he actually showed in the way of tough dates was a 1921.  He would counter by saying "read the ad.  It states no 1921-S."

Just from reading his negs I would never bid on anything he/she offered.  The fact that the seller brags on being "ebay's first titanium power seller" and features a pic  in the ad of himself and partner with ebay's founder turns me off.

Yeah, even Ebay can make anything sound good. :ninja:

Archived