CoinPeople.com

de la rue giori promotional note

San_Miguel98

here's an old note printed by de la rue giori security printers in lausanne, switzerland to display their security printing abilities to prospective clients. the front features johannes gutenberg, the inventor of modern printing. obsolete by todays standards, it's still a well designed, attractive note.

delarue-vi.jpg

de la rue giori was sold in 2001 to kba security printing (koenig & bauer ag) and is now known as kba-giori. their more modern note, shown here, features jules verne and boasts over 90 security features. i've never seen one for sale, but i'm dying to get my hands on one!

img-vi.jpg

OMG!!! Those are beautiful!!!!  I especially love the top one.  Oh man.  WOW!

You said it! That top Giori is excellent!

Are those relatively easy to be found or do you have to know a friend of a friend of a friend?

Holy cow ;) Those are awesome :ninja:

do you have any pictures? i'm trying to find similar notes from goznak security printing. very hard to find...

I will have to dig out and scan, actually these are from De La Rue(I think), have Aleksandr Pushkin on them. And gobblygook cyrillic characters, they were test notes printed for Goznak.

Crap! More for the must-have list!!!

Easy Abish. If I purchased every banknote that's "must have", I'd be in the poor house now. And remember, ya can't eat'em. Hmmm...well you could try, but I'm thinking that the polymers would go down hard. :ninja:

• 1 year later...

yup, i joined that group in may 2005...one month before first posting this original thread! the message board is pretty slow, but they post lots of pictures and have links to the different known test notes. by slow, i mean since february 2006 only 30 messages/responses have been posted.

the bad thing about collecting test notes is that the different security printers don't cater to collectors...ie- they won't sell you a note if you e-mail them about wanting one. they print test notes to show off their security features to prospective clients, and only a limited amount are printed. so...most test notes just sorta show up on ebay, with the majority of the sellers being in germany or the netherlands. it's hard to find particular notes for sale besides the more common series like the "giori one pass" note. one of these days somebody will have that jules verne note for sale, and hopefully i'll be there to spot it! :ninja:

wow, old post! while i still haven't found the jules verne note i first posted, i did manage to find this beauty from a seller on e-bay, (the same one selling slovenian "lips" :ninja: ):

TEST1-vi.jpg

TEST2-vi.jpg

i can't wait to see it in person! ;)

The colour is truly striking. Very beautiful ;)

• 3 months later...

2 years and 10 days after my original post, i finally acquired the jules verne note! :ninja:

heheh...i hit the promotional note motherlode and went on another buying spree. i know i was supposed to not buy anything for a year, but i failed that plan miserably. ;)

i'll post my own scans when i get home in august, but here are a few seller scans of a couple of the notes i picked up:

b76f_3-vi.jpg

81c1_3-vi.jpg

044e_3-vi.jpg

f994_3-vi.jpg

91f0_3-vi.jpg

29c9_3-vi.jpg

the last one is a swiss polymer note! ;)

thanks guys! ;)

i especially like the 500 note from the bulgarian national bank. the silver mask on the left is supposed to be a humongous hologram. the jules verne note's design looks cramped and overcrowded because of all the security features they crammed onto it, and the swiss note color scheme is a little too loud and obnoxious for my tastes. no kidding about seizures! but in the end, the jules verne note represents one of the most technologically advanced "security printing notes" ever produced, (i almost said banknotes), and the other will be my first ever promotional polymer note. i can't wait to see them! :ninja:

sm- another mucha note finally showed up on ebay earlier today. three were listed for $60, but the seller accepted a best offer of $40. lol...a far cry from the $15 i spent on the first one! oh well...they're getting harder and harder to find, when i used to see them everywhere.