tommyd

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice coin WCG.

Gxseries, I picked up my first 5 kopek today 1766 in Vg-F ish condition. Thought you might appreciate that. :ninja:

Nice piece hiho! Now this thread is really picking up speed.

1722 - Swiss taler from Zurich [snip]

Excellent! :ninja:

Now I am biding my time until 1710 ... I have a nice Russian 1 kopek error coin with "WD" mintmark instead of "MD" of that year. After that, I know that I have a fairly common French "dernier" (sp ... ??) of either 1703 or 1704, but I have no picture of it and the coin is in the bank's SDB. Maybe I can get it out in a week or two and post a picture of it here ... by that time, we will have (hopefully) moved into that time period here.

Gxseries, I picked up my first 5 kopek today 1766 in Vg-F ish condition. Thought you might appreciate that. :ninja:

I hope you didn't slip a disk picking it up ... those things are HEAVY!

(Sometimes I wonder if kids used to throw those off a bridge at an oncoming horse-drawn carriage back in those days ... )

I hope you didn't slip a disk picking it up ... those things are HEAVY!

(Sometimes I wonder if kids used to throw those off a bridge at an oncoming horse-drawn carriage back in those days ... )

Haha, yes it is by far the largest copper I own. All I need is a 2pence cartwheel and I have two of the heaviest (That I know of) coins ever made. (Except plates and other non-coin numismatic items)

I would imagine that it would kill the horse btw, lol. It's like a tiny sewer cover!

Nice taler, I can't add mine until 1586 though...or was it thaler then....dno. Anyway I have a 1717, anyone for 18?

That is a tough issue to find these days gxseries.

This is one of the favorites in my collection. It is a 1 year sede vacante issue taler from the german state of Paderborn. It was issued to commemorate the death of the bishop in 1719.

Another beautiful taler, you have quite a remarkable collection there WCG. Every coin I have seen is a winner.

Ready with 1712 and 1707 gold. Scanned and already uploaded to Photobucket.

Who has our 1718?

Well I do have a coin of 1718 but it was from a bulk buy so it's a bit crusty... But if helps my fellow coinpeople!

143601426_o.jpg

143602264_o.jpg

I've got 1713, 1711, 1710 ready!!

Well I do have a coin of 1718 but it was from a bulk buy so it's a bit crusty... But if helps my fellow coinpeople!

Crusty coins count YeOlde, in fact they are encouraged, as long as we can read the date... ;)

Well struck 1717 2-Reale VFox, see you in fifty years! :ninja:

Onto 1716...

grivna1716 - that is another amazing coin. Tough to find anything like that in todays market I imagine.

Here is my last contribution for a few years to come. Its a 1715 sede vacante taler from the german city state of Osnabruck. Its a 1 year issue struck to commemorate the death of the bishop. I really fell in love with these sede vacante pieces.

3121992042_8c29d09fdd_m.jpg3121991966_ec82e5cdc9_m.jpg