CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Just picked this up on ebay. It hasn't arrived yet so I'll update the images with my own when it does.

5997863747_95322532fd_z.jpg

US Series 661 10cent front by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

5998415384_6f25b78490_z.jpg

US Series 661 10cent back by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice notes guys! Congrats to DF911 for getting the first posted image of the new South Sudan currency! As for that Estonian note, well, now I've seen it bigger and I like it better... thedeadpoint is right about that lake scene. And Arts new MPC rocks too! (nice photos btw)

Got my two new CHinese banknotes in today. These are quite large - one is 2.75 X 10 inches and the other is 3.6 X 9.5 inches. By far the largest notes of this type I've encountered yet. They are quite different from my others not only in size, but in their vignettes as well as the seals - especially the red seal depicting a person instead of a geometric shape (diamond, square and rectangle were most common).

This one is a 1925 100 Coppers from Kirin, Yu He Kong Bank

33far09.jpg

This next one is 6000 Cash Shantung, Chang Shing He Chi Bank

al1deo.jpg

Hard to follow those Dave :art:

Colombia 10000 Pesos Oro p-437A 1994

934451B.jpg

934451A.jpg

This is a great note - One of my all time favorite notes. This note just struck me as a beautiful composition with elements I appreciate. There's quite a lot to it actually. Congrats on getting it into your collection. :bthumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Nice set of note there, MMMM! I agree that they are rather hard to see detail in them due to the color scheme. Nice idea they had, though.

And Madison - I see you're collection of Spanish notes is growing very nicely!

Congrats to you both. :bthumbsup:

how are you? how is your collection doing?

how are you? how is your collection doing?

I'm doing well, my friend! I'm sure you've been good too?

My African collection is slowing, as it is to be expected I suppose. But I am bolstering some of my U.S. in the meantime. I am xpecting an experimental (red S) note soon.

I'm always on the lookout for the Spain P126 1 Peseta, P127 5 Pesetas, P129 5 Pesetas too. Harder to find in decent quality than I expected, but I have come close a few times on each one... just waiting for that UNC one to show up (and at a decent price :bwink:).

The Red S:

To make printing more economical, there were several types of currency that were experimental issues. Of these, the latest we are aware of is the famous Web Press notes that were printed on a different type of printing press. These were last printed in series 1988A, 1993 and 1995. But there are several other types out there as well. Some are denoted only by the series year and the alpha characters on either side of the banknote, such as the 1928B YB and ZB banknotes. But in WWII (and in this notes case), there was a red R and a red S printed on the lower right hand side of the front of the notes. 1,184,000 of each type R & S were printed and released into circulation. Evidently, there was no useable data to make the experiment worthwhile, but the nice R and S does make them sought after notes.

I've tried digging up more information on the different details on the experiments, but have only came up with the 1928B when they switched to 75% linen and 25% cotton recipe.

The Red S:

To make printing more economical, there were several types of currency that were experimental issues. Of these, the latest we are aware of is the famous Web Press notes that were printed on a different type of printing press. These were last printed in series 1988A, 1993 and 1995. But there are several other types out there as well. Some are denoted only by the series year and the alpha characters on either side of the banknote, such as the 1928B YB and ZB banknotes. But in WWII (and in this notes case), there was a red R and a red S printed on the lower right hand side of the front of the notes. 1,184,000 of each type R & S were printed and released into circulation. Evidently, there was no useable data to make the experiment worthwhile, but the nice R and S does make them sought after notes.

I've tried digging up more information on the different details on the experiments, but have only came up with the 1928B when they switched to 75% linen and 25% cotton recipe.

Thanks Dave. That's very interesting and something I had not heard about before.