CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Dave, that is an absolutely beautiful Deuce! I like it a whole lot, so don't diss it!

As for me, today I had a good haul of small head notes (technically I bought them, but for only face value!). I was working at the coin club show and took the top 2 from the cash box, a 1993 $20 and a 1995 $10, then I bought something from a dealer for $15, paid with a $20 and got the bottom one in change! A 1934 $5 bill! :banana:

Small head notes.JPG

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great notes everybody. I very rarely find anything worth holding on to. Even decent serial numbers and stars are about non-existant these days. I think there are just too many people out there collecting them. When bank tellers can mention that they found a radar note recently you know everyone is looking.

Great notes everybody. I very rarely find anything worth holding on to. Even decent serial numbers and stars are about non-existant these days. I think there are just too many people out there collecting them. When bank tellers can mention that they found a radar note recently you know everyone is looking.

That is odd, this is the second time I heard this today. I was at a coin show and a bunch of dealers were talking about how there is a glut of US notes, but the available notes have little value. They were saying that the better ones are getting hard to find.

Hooray! My lost note made it anyway!!! As it turns out, the ebay guy ISN"T frmo NYC as he said, but is from Israel, and thus the longer trek. After I bought this, My wife went to the east coast for a week and returned, I bought something from Boston and had it delivered, waited a few days, and then finally this came,and the Israel Post markings made it all clear... Made my day! and I've finally got this note in a decent grade... 'course now they'll be all over the place I'm sure.

29wpamd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I remember getting these as a kid in the 1970's and 80's every once in a while in change and the guys in the coin shops had no interest in them. So I spent them - one and all. Today I bought one: A 10 Dollar Silver Certificate. Came in the mail today.

34y1hkx.jpg

Looks like a real sharp one Dave! I am probably near your age and remember spending old silver certs and US notes when I was a kid, but now I save any small head note I can find! Last weekend I got 3 small head Franklins and had to put them in the pile to save! LOL

New Philippine Notes (Philippine National Parks)

100 Piso - Mayon Volcano

http://www.morrismoney.com/new_it2294.jpg

200 Piso - Tarsier/Bahol Chocilate Hills (june release)

http://www.morrismoney.com/new_it2350.jpg

500 Piso - Bird, Celebrates/Commemorates Puerto Prencesa National Park

http://www.morrismoney.com/new_it2348.jpg

1000 Piso - Pearl Oyster, Turtle, Fish/Tubbataha Reefs National Park UNESCO World Heritage Park

http://www.morrismoney.com/new_it2346.jpg

Well, I couldn't pass these up after DF911 posted them. A nice set of Philippine notes with very vibrant coloring.

11gq2rl.jpg

And with them came these notes from Tunisia depicting Hannibal and Syria depicting a bust of Queen Zenobia.

35hmrdt.jpg

Finally, this 1953 Silver Cert came in today as well. All in all a good day at the post office.

8vroyx.jpg