• Banknotes
    • Coins
    • I like both equally

I like both coins and banknotes as my two collections can tell you

Funny thing is i get some really nice notes and coins cheap

The most pricey note i have is my 1776 half crown

The most pricey coin is my 1883 philippine /spanish silver 20 centavos

Those are the only real pricey items in my two collections

I like both but prefer coins. I've just always had this "love" for coins and especially for copper coins -- I do not know why. Something in my formative years.

Coins. If an UNC coin gets stepped on, it doesn't drop in grade dramatically :ninja:

It's often difficult to find some notes in crisp condition. One light fold can drop it a full grade whereas in coins, common bagmarks must be numerous and violent to do major grading damage.

I perfer coins, but I do have A 2 dollar bill with RED SERIAL #'s & Notes from other Countries. COINS ARE MY MAIN OBJECTIVE!!!!! :ninja:

Lots of good opinions here. Glad to see a good response so far.

I like both banknotes and coins. banknotes are a bit more difficule to care for, but I like the way they look though. Coins are always good because that are easier to care for, and there is such a variety of them......

KFC :ninja:

I started with coins but I prefer banknotes. Banknotes are more attractive in design and very appealing. They are lighter. I go for scarcer ones as part of both collection and long-term investment. :ninja:

Well, it's got to be banknotes for me! I'm not that much of a coin collector - I would say that 'I have a number of coins' but I don't actively collect them.

I prefer the banknotes because they have so much more detail in them. There are many counterfeiting techniques in notes that make it almost like a seek and find game to discover them. I also like the notes because they have so much more area available for their designs.

• 1 month later...

I'll go for banknotes. It's very unique in art & design, serial numbers, history, portrait, pictures, colours, animals, flags....so so on. I love to collect only banknotes b'cos is lighter, where else coin are heavier. :ninja:

I prefer coins over notes...for now. Because of the limited selection of nice notes I am stuck with coins. My knowledge in the note area is really lacking as well. Been checking out some good books to expand that.

But I do collect both.

• 1 month later...

I have way more notes than I do coins currently, mainly because I've been hoarding larger quantities of WWII and before German notes and random piles or world notes as well as a few 100 note packs from russia, poland, and zambia......but I still do prefer coins in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived