What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the 1809 as in my view it was sort of the last year of them working out the kinks in the design, after 09, things get somewhat more stable in the series. It also has the most die marriages of the 07-09 period (15 vs. 10 in '08 and 4 in '07) making it also more available and affordable. Lastly it has some interesting edge variations (so called XXX and ||| edges) which are fun to find.

This one is an O-102, XXX edge which I attributed based on my Overton Book (third edition), but you can also look on line for help, coinzip.com has a great resource for attributing with lots of photos. The diagnostics for this one are the segments below the scroll on the reverse, which would make this either an O-102 or an O-110 (much rarer), but the obverse on the O-110 has a die break through star 4 ending in lumps, which this one does not have, therefore, it's an O-102!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I buy these over eBay like this one, and the photos are not the best, this one turned out to be an O-102, which shared the same reverse die as the O-101, and from the photos it looked like this might be the latter, but in hand it was unfortunately the former. I also buy some at local shows, like these two I got today, so I can see them live, but I didn't have my book with me, so the attributions have to wait till I get home!

997504.jpg

997505.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

My December purchases arrived today.

Roosevelt Dimes:

•NGC

••2002S Clad PF69UC

••1994S Clad PF69UC

••1981P MS66FT

••1981D MS66FT

•PCGS

••1973S PR68CAM

••1971S PR68CAM

I'll post pics and add them to omnicoin when I get to the photography thing.

Well, not from the mail man, but I got all my Christmas and Birthday presents for myself at the coin show today!

This one is a die marriage I already had (and before you ask, I had my book with me and attributed it before I bought it, but these early dates don't show up too often, so I jumped on it while I had the chance!):

998697.jpg

This second one is an overdate, 1817/13 and the more common of the two die marriages (actually, it's the same marriage, just a later die state with the die crack on the reverse going through the ME in American and down towards the wing, I really like this one!):

998700.jpg

And here is the last, this one has some cool die cracks and it's an R-4 die marriage!

998716.jpg

Well, not from the mail man, but I got all my Christmas and Birthday presents for myself at the coin show today!

This one is a die marriage I already had (and before you ask, I had my book with me and attributed it before I bought it, but these early dates don't show up too often, so I jumped on it while I had the chance!):

998697.jpg

This second one is an overdate, 1817/13 and the more common of the two die marriages (actually, it's the same marriage, just a later die state with the die crack on the reverse going through the ME in American and down towards the wing, I really like this one!):

998700.jpg

And here is the last, this one has some cool die cracks and it's an R-4 die marriage!

998716.jpg

They're beautiful Jeff. :bthumbsup:

I got my Secret Santa package. I didn't wait for Christmas to open it. So here are the pics.

999061.jpg

John and Nancy Wilson ANA squished quarter - 2004. It's a very nice item. A PA statehood quarter was used and the inscriptoin is nicely done and easily read. This is especially nice for me as John and Nancy are both friends and members of the same local club with me for many years.

999062.jpg

A beautiful 1947-S Phillipines Half Dollar. A nice addition to my collection. I have the 5 cent and 10 cent pieces but did not have the half dollar.

999063.jpg

OK. I have no idea what this is. It's tiny and I was barely able to get a readable image of it. I have some research to do. Obviously I don't already have one.

Thank you very much Secret Santa.

I got my Secret Santa package. I didn't wait for Christmas to open it. So here are the pics.

999063.jpg

OK. I have no idea what this is. It's tiny and I was barely able to get a readable image of it. I have some research to do. Obviously I don't already have one.

Thank you very much Secret Santa.

cool coins Art, really like the Hamburg coin! Really like the shield of the city! Hamburg a really pretty port city in the north of Germany. That coin was minted when Hamburg was an independent country in the German confederation, Before the union of Hamburg in the First German Reich in 1871 :bthumbsup:

cool coins Art, really like the Hamburg coin! Really like the shield of the city! Hamburg a really pretty port city in the north of Germany. That coin was minted when Hamburg was an independent country in the German confederation, Before the union of Hamburg in the First German Reich in 1871 :bthumbsup:

Thanks Alfonso. I now have some info on it. They must have had good eyesight there. The coin is about 50=60% the size of a US dime.

Got a very nice Christmas Card from Ling and his family. Old friends from IBM days. A really nice family.

Got a nice Christmas Card from Jeff Tryka today. A nice friend from here. Thanks Jeff.

Got a nice Christmas Card from Mark Stilson. Another nice friend from here. A couple of nice notes for my collection Thanks Mark. I'll scan them later.

• 5 weeks later...