CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

No coins for a few weeks but I did get a really cool tripod and head in the UPS and a flash adapter thingie in the mail.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very cool! And as for mine, it's only a half dollar, but it's hard to tell on the draped bust since there is no denomination on the reverse!

Ah, well a nice coin still :) I've never understood coins without denominations, especially sovereigns and half sovs which are almost the same diameter too.

Ah, well a nice coin still :) I've never understood coins without denominations, especially sovereigns and half sovs which are almost the same diameter too.

Well for early bust halves the denomination is lettered on the edge "Fifty Cents or Half a Dollar"

• 4 weeks later...

Mail man brought my 2001 Silver Proof Buffalo, 1992 Columbus 2 coin set, 1944 Philipines/US silver Peso Victory Note plus a 1987 and 1993 Mint sets 1914 $10, 1917 $1, P&D WJB Nickel Mint rolls, 1863 Bank of SC .25 Frac note, 1902 and 1896 Morgans. Still waiting for more to come.

Mail man brought my 2001 Silver Proof Buffalo, 1992 Columbus 2 coin set, 1944 Philipines/US silver Peso Victory Note plus a 1987 and 1993 Mint sets 1914 $10, 1917 $1, P&D WJB Nickel Mint rolls, 1863 Bank of SC .25 Frac note, 1902 and 1896 Morgans. Still waiting for more to come.

Nice haul. Sounds like you're having fun. :bthumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mailman was good to me while I was on vacation, got a new sovereign (only it's 98 years old) and two new additions to the trains on coins collection:

993952.jpg

993953.jpg

993954.jpg

I only need one more coin from the earlier transportation series of locomotives, the D10 from 2002 which I hope to order next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the train coins. How many are there in the complete set? Are they all silver? Are they dollar or half dollar size?

Art,

Canada has done a number of them in the past, those were all silver dollars, but some were only 0.500 fine, others were 0.800 fine. These latest ones are all $20 face value and contain an ounce of pure silver. The series done from 2000-2003 were part of a larger transporation series, so for each year there were 4 coins, one from each mode of transport: rail, auto, sea, air. I've only pursued the rail series. The newest series is focused solely on famous Canadian locomotives, and it started in 2008, so there arer now 4 coins in that series. In the new series, the first was the Royal Hudson, then the Jubilee in 2009, the Selkirk in 2010 and the D-10 in 2011 (this was also done on the 2002 issue I just got). It's a pretty fun series!

Longtime hole in my collection is filled! 1820 British halfcrown

992627.jpg

Larger pics in this thread:

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?/topic/30074-the-one-that-got-away/page__view__findpost__p__530905

A fantastic example! :bthumbsup:

Art,

Canada has done a number of them in the past, those were all silver dollars, but some were only 0.500 fine, others were 0.800 fine. These latest ones are all $20 face value and contain an ounce of pure silver. The series done from 2000-2003 were part of a larger transporation series, so for each year there were 4 coins, one from each mode of transport: rail, auto, sea, air. I've only pursued the rail series. The newest series is focused solely on famous Canadian locomotives, and it started in 2008, so there arer now 4 coins in that series. In the new series, the first was the Royal Hudson, then the Jubilee in 2009, the Selkirk in 2010 and the D-10 in 2011 (this was also done on the 2002 issue I just got). It's a pretty fun series!

Thanks for the info. Makes an interesting collection if you're into trains. :bthumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

Got this beauty in the mail the other day. Thanks Clive. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

6027654644_bc1535ff90_z.jpg

YOC Rome Postcard Aug2011 by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr