elverno

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

½ Skilling token, Sweden

923696.jpg

28mm Link

The legend says it's a token of Stora Kopparbergs Bergslag, which is a Swedish company.

At those days it was a mining company, but now it is in business with name Stora Enso and working in lumber industry.

Their website: http://www.storaenso.com/CDAvgn/main/0,,1_...-12355-,00.html

The legend says it's a token of Stora Kopparbergs Bergslag, which is a Swedish company.

At those days it was a mining company, but now it is in business with name Stora Enso and working in lumber industry.

Their website: http://www.storaenso.com/CDAvgn/main/0,,1_...-12355-,00.html

Wow Tane, great reference. The link to the copper mine itself has a logo that looks very similar to the reverse on the token. ;)

I'll be updating my webpage soon with this, thanks! :ninja:

More great stuff? :ninja:

thanks Art. Pretty common stuff lately and not in the greatest condition. But that's never stopped me in the past if I don't already have an example... ;)

• 5 weeks later...

I imagine you have a room in your home upholstered in black velvet. At night you lay out your copper coins and turn on tiny spotlights aimed at just the right places. Then you sit back and enjoy the glow from these beautiful coins!

You have an eye for circulated coppers. Amazing pieces.

1810 ½ Batzen, Canton of Vaud

Something about the reverse is just stunning to me. The type for the writing is unusual (to me on a coin) but very attractive.

Nice pick ups. :ninja:

Thanks guys. :ninja:

I really like copper, and since I'm basically cheap I look carefully at the inexpensive stuff on the Bay that often gets passed on. I'm also trying to collect an example of all European coins, mints, etc. of the period 1789-1815. Fortunately such an unrealistic goal means I almost *have* to collect heavily circulated pieces to make progress... ;)

1840 Translation aux Invalides du corps de Napoléon, France

Bramsen 1991 / 1996 var. mule

926046.jpg

33mm Link

The second of this odd mule that I've collected. It's odd because while I've found two none of the standard references over the past two centuries mention it at all.

• 4 weeks later...

1793 1 Pfenning, Rostock

926889.jpg

19mm Link

If you compare this to the one below, particularly the reverse, you can see that they were struck from different dies.

900709.jpg