CoinPeople.com

Your dream coin

NetJohn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the story didn't end in divorce did it? hope not.

cuz if you stay together you can use her income in concert with yours to land an Eid Mar.

No divorce. She retired. I work. Don't think we'll land one unless she hits the lotto.

1894-S Dime

1913 V Nick

1964 Peace.

All related patterns to those three series

Ooh! I want these too!

1922 High-Relief Peace

and other Peace proofs!

unk95.jpg

Or any of the 'Mormon gold' from the Deseret mint. Really the only gold I like at all aside from California Fractional, which I like simply for historical/sentimental reasons that outweigh the fact that I think gold is a fugly material.

Wow. never seen that before. what is the story behind it?

The King of South African coins is 'The Single 9'. We believe that this coin is in fact the king of all coins in the entire world! All rarities are driven by their numbers, more than any other single factor. The less there are, the rarer they are. The 'Single 9' is the only coin in the world that was officially minted by a government with a mintage of only one! That makes this coin the rarest coin in the world today.

We believe that the 'Single 9', currently valued at over US $3,000,000 will eventually reach a price of US $50,000,000 or more. The current world record price set by an American Double Eagle is US $8,000,000. The 'Single 9', due to its unique nature, is destined to become the most valuable single coin in the world.

http://www.sacoin.co.za/coin_topic4.html

Great history regarding this single piece, use the above link for the full story.

• 11 months later...
Hmmm... I may trade my small collection for one of these because these are much scarcer than all of the stuff I have.

Here are my three cliche dream coins:

1894-S Dime

1913 V Nick

1964 Peace.

All related patterns to those three series

I am working on these series. For a complete series, in my opinion, I would need the patterns and other major varieties.

Regarding notes:

1928 C *STAR* $1 Silver Cert.

1928 E *STAR* $1 Silver Cert.

PS. What is the Eid Mar coin? I figure you guys could explain it to me a little more passionately than another website.

Hmm... I think some late 1800's pattern coins would be one of my dream coins. I still agree with the above but I need to go over my dreams again. It's been a while...

Quite a few:

George III, 1804 Dollar (BOE 5 Shillings)

William IV, 1831/4 Crown (Shield On Mantle)

Victoria, Gold £5 (Una & The Lion)

Victoria, Gothic Florin (Godless & non-godless)

Edward VII, Florin (In uncirculated condition)

Edward VIII, Any coin that was very limited produced (especially the Crown, Half Crown, Sixpence & Threepence)

Looks like I need to become a millionaire to get most of these :ninja:

Archived