CoinPeople.com

GP's new old stuff

gpnyc

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely half dollar!! I love how the shield below the eagle also looks like the top of a column.

What is Kennedy still doing on the half? Someone needs to bombard the Congress and Mint with pictures of these coins! They obviously have no idea how inspirational everyday coins could look like. Oh nevermind, I just noticed the naked butt -won't happen.

btw gpnyc : When you say you have been looking for years and years; have you just not seen any or not seen any as good as this one?

btw gpnyc : When you say you have been looking for years and years; have you just not seen any or not seen any as good as this one?

These coins are low-mintage but they are not rare. They can always be had for a price but they tend to come either butt-ugly-toned or outrageous-premium-$$-toned but nothing in between. I've actually been looking for a nice AU-58 but those always seem to go for a premium too.

This one is actually uncirculated and has just the right patina (for me) which gives it a certain medallic quality. Its this patina that I was searching for for so long.

Wow!!! The Pan-Pac half and the 1808 Bust Half are awesome!!! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

A good day for Exonumia today. I received two Civil War Tokens and one So-called dollar....

909309.jpg

909308.jpg

909310.jpg

Very, very, VERY nice!

What is the diameter on that? Is it large or small?

Its about the diameter of a US Silver Dollar (38mm) but thicker (4mm).

Archived