CoinPeople.com

Engraved Morgan

Guest Stujoe

I think it's a "memorial" token. The workmanship is awesome on that piece.

not being devils advoicate here...but I wonder if that hasn't been done recently.....if not there will be fakes out there soon....seeing something like this sell for that kind of money might make people start doing this... taking a $10 coin and making it a $600 coin

I don't believe it is unmerited to question this piece, however viewing it from the perspective of a computer monitor is not wholly indicative of how the piece might appeal to the senses in person. I do believe that the piece is not disingenuous, that it likely is as represented given the level of skill involved to have made such a piece and the subject matter. If such a piece were to turn up with some then well known feminine attraction more question might come into play as to it's authenticity.

• 3 weeks later...
not being devils advoicate here...but I wonder if that hasn't been done recently.....if not there will be fakes out there soon....seeing something like this sell for that kind of money might make people start doing this... taking a $10 coin and making it a $600 coin

I'm going to fire up my dremel tool :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

having been a engraver and hobo nickel carver for 10 years, it woulf take about 50 hours to carve it, so if a engraver choose to do one like it, it would have to sell for $1000 plus to pay fair wages....it,s a combination of bulino and banknote engraving with tens of thousands of dots and lines..

Archived