CoinPeople.com

Nebraska state quarter

silver

Guest Stujoe

I think they did an awesome job with the design. An actual scene and not clipart, cluttered, state outlines or the other problems that some of the SQ designs have had. I hope it looks half as good on the coin. It's a winner, in my book!

Guest Stujoe
Interesting that this quarter features a wagon full of people who would only see Nebraska once, and be glad to leave it on their journey to the West Coast.

Oh the irony.

Not much has changed today...except I was in an SUV and not a wagon when I went through the state a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't headed to the west coast. :ninja:

Actually, I have had some pretty good times in Omaha.

I like it especially because the indians (who didn't know about chimneys) called it Elk Penis rock.

That's funny! The indians call me that name too.

Not much has changed today...except I was in an SUV and not a wagon when I went through the state a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't headed to the west coast. :ninja:

Actually, I have had some pretty good times in Omaha.

I drove across Nebraska last year, I like it there, it is nice being in the Midwest of the USA where people are friendly. This after being in California for three weeks, where they are otherwise.

That's funny! The indians call me that name too.

I was trying to ignore your remark but couldn't help it: :ninja:

This after being in California for three weeks, where they are otherwise.

my (considerable) experience is that people in california are usually friendly ... of course, if you give them a reason not to be friendly then ymmv, etc.

i think the quarter design is absolutely one of the nicer, more interesting designs so far ... i expect that the CCAC, the fine arts people, and/or the mint will screw it up.

Archived