CoinPeople.com

Looks like we have a SPAMMER here...

bobh

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be a little slow but I realized all of the Spam names are a first name + two capital case letters..

Just saying for those of you bored enough to care about something like that :ninja:

nice

no they have found a weak point in the site and are using the lack of mods to their advantage, they know the mods aren't always on so they wait and hit when they aren't on

idea find a member or members who is here most of the time and make them a mod with the power to ban and delete threads on the whole forum

I must be a little slow but I realized all of the Spam names are a first name + two capital case letters..

Just saying for those of you bored enough to care about something like that :ninja:

Won't work ... we would have "RWJulian" as a designated spammer ... nobody would want that!

nice

no they have found a weak point in the site and are using the lack of mods to their advantage, they know the mods aren't always on so they wait and hit when they aren't on

idea find a member or members who is here most of the time and make them a mod with the power to ban and delete threads on the whole forum

I volunteer ... living in Europe, I would see most of these posts before anyone else in the Western Hemisphere.

I'm sorry I missed the latest spam wave, I was away for a few days. GX and I are doing our best to remove the spam as it appears, but it looks like we will need to have all new members' posts to be reviewed by a moderator.

In the next day or so I will setup new posting rules (affecting only new members) and invite new moderators to help with post reviews.

Thanks for your patience.

but it looks like we will need to have all new members' posts to be reviewed by a moderator

if it cuts the spammers out then do it, as long as the spam problem is being fixed then i'm a happy person :ninja:

and if you need some help i'm more the willing to pitch in

I also disabled new member registration for now, until new posting rules are in place.

Thank you! :ninja:;)

This obviously a pain for the mods/admin, but necessary to save the board from this spammer wrecking crew.

I am also willing to help.

With spam user accounts deleted and no access to new ones without moderator approval, the spam problem should improve rapidly and the spammers will move on in search of more fertile ground.

Shame part about having to tighten up, is it can slow down or stop new contributers from signing up.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile (assuming that this is how it will be set up) to explain to new people when they try to join that, due to previous problems with spammers polluting the discussion groups, posting privileges will be delayed pending moderator approval. In my opinion, reasonable people will understand this concern and be prepared to tolerate such a small inconvenience in order to enjoy the board free of obnoxious distractions.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile (assuming that this is how it will be set up) to explain to new people when they try to join that, due to previous problems with spammers polluting the discussion groups, posting privileges will be delayed pending moderator approval. In my opinion, reasonable people will understand this concern and be prepared to tolerate such a small inconvenience in order to enjoy the board free of obnoxious distractions.

The site I mod for does require new member approval. The main ones it would probably slow down is the single question posters.

Archived