CoinPeople.com

Here's something you don't see everyday!

jtryka

PS. do you have a link to your note collection?

No, someday when i have time I hope to put them up on banknotebank, but for now the only place I have them is in the latest purchases thread.

Just checked on Heritage, and there were lots of loopy things that went on with this series at the end, as the signature combinations for FR 237, 238 and 239 were all on the presses at the same time. Here is there description of a Reverse and Forward Skip changeover pair!

Fr. 239/Fr. 237/Fr. 239 $1 1923 Silver Certificates Reverse and Forward Skip Changeover Pairs Choice New. This is probably a unique run of $1 Silvers that has not been documented before. The six note run starts off with a Fr. 239, then there is a cut sheet of Fr. 237, and finally ends with another Fr. 239. The Z-D block is one of three blocks shared by Fr. 237, 238, and 239. Plates for all three signature combinations were on the presses at the same time near the end of the printing of Large Size $1 Silvers. Truly a fascinating feat for this breath-taking sextuplet to remain together, and find their way to the New England Changeover Collection.

Mine are a 237 and 238, I don't have a 239.

Oops.. I didn't look at your signatures. I guess I was assuming the 239 in your Heritag description was the note you had too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I don't have them back yet, but I did a cert lookup and the grades were posted! The FR 237 (Speelman-White) was graded 64 EPQ and the FR 238 (Woods-White) was graded 63 EPQ, so not bad! I called last week and reminded them about the custom holder request, so hopefully they didn't forget about it! I will post photos when they come back.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is really a nice and historical pair of notes. I'm surprised to see banknotes with the changeover of signatures at an such odd serial number. I am just puzzled at the person who make the decision. :ninja: Nevertheless, it is an interesting pair of notes to share with us ;)

See, from what I've learned, at the end of the series 1923 silver certs, they had sheets with all three signature pairs, and assigned serial numbers in order, so there are forward changeovers, reverse changeovers (like this one) and even double reverse changeovers (going from the third combo to the first one!). As for who made the decision, that is probably lost to history or very old BEP records!

Archived