CoinPeople.com

Found in The Coinstar Reject Bin Thread

Scottishmoney

I look across the river to Canada every day but I haven't been there in 7 years.

Wow. I'm impressed.

I guess its the same as me living in Chicago for 4 years without ever seeing a Bears or a Bulls game.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm impressed.

I guess its the same as me living in Chicago for 4 years without ever seeing a Bears or a Bulls game.

We had a day trip planned for 9/13/2001 but things went nuts at the boarder crossings and I just haven't have the need or desire to make the trip since.

This morning I got a crusty mem cent and a Disney "College of Knowledge" pin.

Disney_pencil.jpg

I Googled the pin and found it was given to cast members and travel agents that went thru Disney training.

• 3 weeks later...

On Saturday the kids found two cents and a dime (all CDN, of course) along with a Toronto Transit Token. I had to buy that token off of them, and they're starting to realize that I just HAVE to have anything odd or different. The asking price keeps going up!! Those little capitalists! LOL

On Saturday the kids found two cents and a dime (all CDN, of course) along with a Toronto Transit Token. I had to buy that token off of them, and they're starting to realize that I just HAVE to have anything odd or different. The asking price keeps going up!! Those little capitalists! LOL

I remember the last time I was in Toronto those TTT tokens were something like $2.50 each or something, and they are just tiny aluminium tokens.

I remember the last time I was in Toronto those TTT tokens were something like $2.50 each or something, and they are just tiny aluminium tokens.

Yep, smaller than a dime. I didn't realize they were worth that much! I never take the transit as it would be a bus and three trains for me to get to work, and my drive is less than an hour and the gas still costs me less than the transit tickets would!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some people are just plain lucky -- two days ago I asked my wife to pick me up a six-pack of beer -- didn't go to the supermarket but 7-Eleven instead -- so while there she bought ONE scratch-off ticket for five bucks -- PENG-WIN it's called -- scratch off a 'palm-tree' and win 5 times the amount -- well, under a palm tree she scratched was $500!! $2500 for buying me beer! Not a bad deal.....................

• 4 weeks later...
Some people are just plain lucky -- two days ago I asked my wife to pick me up a six-pack of beer -- didn't go to the supermarket but 7-Eleven instead -- so while there she bought ONE scratch-off ticket for five bucks -- PENG-WIN it's called -- scratch off a 'palm-tree' and win 5 times the amount -- well, under a palm tree she scratched was $500!! $2500 for buying me beer! Not a bad deal.....................

Holey moley.

I just bought a few lottery tix at the grovery store, although I expect nothing as exciting as that. But I did find the stunning grand total of 95 cents in the Coinstar reject bin: 6 dimes, five nickels (including one that had obviously been down the dispose-all) and 10 zincolns. Nothing particularly collectable, but, hey, it makes me feel like I earned the gas money it took to drive to the store. :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

Woot! I get consecutive Coinstar Reject Bin posts!

And the gist of my post this time is: WTF??!! :ninja: I just picked up $3.68 in one scoop from the bin at the local grocery store!! 14 quarters, a dime, a nickel and 3 zincs. None of them dented or bent --why were they in the reject bin? And who the heck walks away from that much money? They must've had a big jar, dumped it in and had no idea. I would like to donate this windfall to the CP retirement fund.

Also with the coins: a 1971 British penny, two 5-centavo pieces from Mexico and a *black* aluminum token that says WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES on it.

• 1 month later...

As I exited the store tonight a women was using the CoinStar. I could hear coins hitting the reject bin so I stopped at the lottery machine and made a slow decision on a ticket. A coin popped out of the rejects and she looked down and emptied the bin :ninja: When she left I checked the bin. She missed a nickel and the coin on the floor......a 1954 silver Rosey! ;) I also won $4 on my $2 scratch off ticket ;)

I think that's 6 silver Roseys from the CoinStar this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my son at school and stopped at the store. CoinStar was empty. An hour later my wife comes home with a handful of coins from the same CoinStar.

The take...... PuttPutt token, small key, 7 mem cents. 1 Jeff nickel, 3 Rosey dimes, 3 Canadian cents, 7 Canadian dimes, 3 Canadian quarters and a 1946 Silver Washington quarter!

Timing is everything.

• 4 months later...