CoinPeople.com

Found in The Coinstar Reject Bin Thread

Scottishmoney

I saw two kids filling the machine up at the store the other day so I stalked the machine! I heard the *clink* of the reject bin a couple of times but they remembered to check it. :ninja:

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've walked buy our machine a few times and I can't find a reject bin at all. Do some machines not have one accessible to the public?

• 4 weeks later...

After a very long drought something worth waiting for....

A 1943 Steelie, dark, but NOT corroded. :ninja: It is the fourth steelie I have gotten in the past couple of months, the other three were purchased out of the school lunch money receipts before they were deposited.

A 1961 Canadian nickel, the one with 12? 14? sides. Sitting on top, not in the reject bin. Which means someone looked at it, considered a moment, figured "this is strange money," and left it there. (I live in Southern California.)

A 1961 Canadian nickel, the one with 12? 14? sides. Sitting on top, not in the reject bin. Which means someone looked at it, considered a moment, figured "this is strange money," and left it there. (I live in Southern California.)

Those are pretty close to pure nickel too, and worth more than a nickel still even with the lower metal prices lately. They were worth as much as 14 cents last year. The RCM was actively pulling and melting all older coins coming in from banks.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually hit a CoinStar about twice a month and haven't found anything in more than a year. I guess everyone is searching now. One of the local coin club folks was telling me that the newer CoinStars do not have external reject bins but capture the odd stuff inside the door for their use.

It is the insert area where stuff piles into if the machine doesn't take it. Often times people miss the coins in there, or just leave them there because they are Canadian etc. I have not seen the machines that don't have them like Art has, I would imagine those things could really rip you off if they took stuff they were not crediting you for.

Oh, those things. I've found a bunch of stuff in them before.

Havn't checked them since I was a kid.

Then just pass them on by, pay them no bother, I will check them for treasures like that 1921 Lincoln above and the occasional silver lining in the form of a 1964 dime etc. Better the mes, and nae the yous me thinks. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Last thing I found in change, that is special is an 09 penny...

A few months back I got some half dollars, and dollar coins in change, very surprised the cashier new what they were! lol

I've never went to a coin star, looking for silver, and dd's, and other special things...I hit the banks, and ask for rolls of this and that, search, take out the silver and wheats, and replace them, wrap em up, and get my money back! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in this thread's long, storied history, I have something PRODUCTIVE to contribute:

I found about 50 cents in the reject bin.

Today, in my journey to buy new razor blades (why do they keep them behind the customer services counter of the grocery store?), I deviated from my usual path and passed the big, green machine. I rarely ever check it and when I do, I never see anything.

• 2 months later...
Apon further review the crushed coin my grandson found under the CoinStar is a 1 centesimo, Italy 1822 or 1834. Very kool.

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coin...;query=Lombardy

Now that is an out of place coin! :ninja: