CoinPeople.com

Found in The Coinstar Reject Bin Thread

Scottishmoney

If someone is putting their jar of coins into the machine when you are there, do you hover until they are finished? I almost did that the other day but didn't want to seem creepy.

Yeah, I am the nut that is whispering under my breath "please don't check the reject slot, puuuuhleeeez don't check it!" :ninja:

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found today in the Coinstar reject bin: A bright 1994 British penny. I was sure it was Canadian at first (this is Southern California) and spent some time staring at the reverse design --please enlighten me; is the iron grill gate from the Tower?-- before I realized that Canada doesn't, um, have any " p " coins.

And I thought I did the bin check very smoothly --the machine is near the entrance of the supermarket, and I just sort of looked as natural as I could and scooped it as I walked by. My conscience is clean.

I wouldn't think coinstar would care as the reject bin is out in the open and the same with the store. That is up to the person using the machine to get there rejects if they leave them then they are free game.

• 3 weeks later...

Checked the CoinStar as I entered the store....nothun'.

I looked over as I was checking out and a guy was using the machine. ;) I was trying to time it right so I would get there just as he finished. As I watched I saw him check the reject slot ;) He walked away as I approached and I noticed a coin on the little shelf. He had pulled a Canadian quarter(1979) out of the reject bin and set it there. ;) As I picked it up I looked down into the bin and saw a dime.......... I pounced. 1964 silver Rosey!! :ninja:

I was at the Grocery store on Saturday, and peeked into the reject slot on my way past. Usually it's empty and disappointing, but this time I got to pounce!

A game token, a 2006D penny, a 2007D penny, a clad dime, a 1986 Irish penny, and a 1945S silver quarter! I'm happiest about the quarter, obviously.

I was at the Grocery store on Saturday, and peeked into the reject slot on my way past. Usually it's empty and disappointing, but this time I got to pounce!

A game token, a 2006D penny, a 2007D penny, a clad dime, a 1986 Irish penny, and a 1945S silver quarter! I'm happiest about the quarter, obviously.

Nice haul!

Nice finds everyone. Someone must beat me to all the coinstars in this area. They've been coming up dry for a few years.

I've never tried this, but I may have to. Dibs on all florida coinstars!

An astonishing 77 cents in one swipe (one Lincoln was stuck to a FDR dime with something I THINK is chocolate; I discovered this only after the coins had been in my pocket a few hours), plus two tokens, one saying NO CASH VALUE and the other from Mammoth Mountain, CA.