CoinPeople.com

Numismatic related X-Mas gifts

Burks

So what did everyone get from loved ones that concerns this honorable hobby of ours? I got a lot, although not expensive, gifts.

~1500 2x2's in various sizes

50 2x2 3-ring binder pages

Mercury Dime Dansco

Lincoln Cent w/proofs Dansco (YAY :ninja: )

2 x San Fransico Mint proof commems (one was almost out of the case but undamaged, the second's top didn't fit too well)

1 x San Fransico Mint UNC commem

This cool Canadian coin set that was toned very nicely, will post pictures later. I actually went back to buy it this week and it was gone. ;)

10,000 more staples for the 2x2's

That's it for me! Like I said they weren't expensive but it was stuff I would really use. Those 2x2's go as quickly as I get them.

A couple of really nice gifts. I got the Indian Head Cent Red Book and a 2007 Spiral RedBook (been wanting that to keep track of my moderns). Had a few Danscos ordered for me as gifts but they never showed up.

No numismatic gifts from my loved ones (I give, but they don't know enough about my esoteric interests to buy for me). I did, however, receive two rare California Midwinter Exposition 1894 So-Called Dollars on Saturday. They were my gift to my self.

Well, Merry Christmas to all!

I was about to put "nothing" down but I got a few things.

1) I bid on some low priced dimes and quarters last night and won those lots. So thats a little present courtesy of money I received.

2) I got a metal detector. I have wanted one for YEARS and have never remembered to ask for it. (I told a family friend but forgot to tell them the cheaper options to get me on my list :ninja: )

Suprisingly, that was the only gift that required batteries. Thats got to be a first.

I gave coins but didn't get any back. Oh well, I'll just have to pick something up in either the FUN or CNG auction to make up for it. :ninja:

Nothing numismatic. Like lots of folks I suspect the family has learned that the "wrong" coin gets a sort of blank stare out of me. Got a monopod for my photography. :ninja:

One book, Die Muenzpraegung des Bistum von Muenster (The coins minted by the bishopry of Muenster)

I also got a token made out of the copper of the old Michel church roof in Hamburg. Apparently it was recently rennovated and they used the old roof to make some nifty little souveniers.

One book, Die Muenzpraegung des Bistum von Muenster (The coins minted by the bishopry of Muenster)

I also got a token made out of the copper of the old Michel church roof in Hamburg. Apparently it was recently rennovated and they used the old roof to make some nifty little souveniers.

My birthday is December 27, so I received quite a few coins for Christmas and my birthday.

Some of the coins I received were:

2006 Oh Canada set of circulating coinage.

2006 Canadian 25 Cent Coin commemorating Queen Elizabeth's 80th birthday.

Card containing two $2 Canadian Coins, one "First Mint Mark," and the other "Final Non-Mint Mark."

2006 Canadian Special Edition Uncirculated Set.

2005 Canadian Mint Report, with 2005 Commemorative nickel encapsulated and embedded in the cover.

1913 T-2 Buffalo Nickel, Fine

1916 Buffalo Nickel, Fine

1917 Buffalo Nickle, Fine.

2006 and 2007 Canadian Maple Leafs.

1858 Flying Eagle Cent, Fine.

:ninja:;););)

Archived