CoinPeople.com

recarved 1921 morgan dollar

billzach

i use the same tools that knife and gun engravers use, including a microscope..

Have you done any die engraving? I am making crude dies in my metalsmithing classes at school to roll and hammer cob-style coins for a few projects. I'm curious, where do you purchase your engraving tools? I basically just need to engrave brass, nothing like steel really, at least not right now lol.

Very well done engraving work btw, MUCH better than my current skill level.....gimme a few years.... :ninja:

Have you done any die engraving? I am making crude dies in my metalsmithing classes at school to roll and hammer cob-style coins for a few projects. I'm curious, where do you purchase your engraving tools? I basically just need to engrave brass, nothing like steel really, at least not right now lol.

Very well done engraving work btw, MUCH better than my current skill level.....gimme a few years.... :ninja:

go to a search engine and look at these three companies..i,ve brought tools from each of them...#1 gesswein #2 grs #3 riogrande... most tools you buy will last a lifetime and then some.

EXCELLENT!! :lol:

I would love to see what you could do with a Churchill? :cry:

:ninja: It could only be an improvement.

That is a beautiful Morgan, Bill !!! Outstanding design and execution ;)

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was showing off your work to my fiance and the picture doesn't seem to be on here anymore...

EDIT: Actually, I can't find any of your pictures through the search engine. Could you please re-post some of them?

Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was showing off your work to my fiance and the picture doesn't seem to be on here anymore...

EDIT: Actually, I can't find any of your pictures through the search engine. Could you please re-post some of them?

Thanks!

I,m not sure which coin i had posted, but i,ll add a nice silver dollar to posting.

MVC_042F.jpg

Archived