CoinPeople.com

20th Anniversary Eagle Sets

joanjet

Anyone buying these? They have gold sets too. I have never seen a "reverse proof" before. Has the Mint offered reverse proofs before? I am buying the silver set.

To help mark the historic occasion of the 20th anniversary of the American Eagle Coin Program, the United States Mint is pleased to offer, for the first time ever, a reverse proof version of the American Eagle Silver Coins. Specially prepared dies were created to give these coins their spectacular finish. Both the proof and uncirculated American Eagles carry the “W” mint mark of West Point while the reverse proof coins carry the “P” mint mark of Philadelphia.

This stunning set of three 2006-dated silver coins includes one American Eagle Silver Proof Coin, one American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin and one American Eagle Silver Reverse Proof Coin. By reversing the mirror-like finish of a traditional proof coin and applying it to the design elements of the coin, a magnificent contrast is achieved on the silver reverse proof. All of the coins are struck with a rendition of Adolph A. Weinman’s timeless Walking Liberty design from 1916. This three-coin collection is housed in an injection molded case that is finished with a high-gloss lacquer and features a textured, embossed leather top pad to enhance the set’s appearance. A Certificate of Authenticity is included.

This set is limited to 250,000 units, so order yours today.

Order Limits: American Eagle 20th Anniversary Silver Coin Set -- 10 units per household.

To ensure the broadest and most fair access to this United States Mint product, the order limit is in effect during the first thirty (30) days of release. At the end of the initial thirty-day period, and each thirty-day period thereafter, the United States Mint will reevaluate and either extend, adjust or remove the limit.

Shipping of the American Eagle Anniversary Coin Sets is expected to begin mid-October, 2006, and take 10 - 12 weeks to complete.

Price: $100.00 Qty. Product will be available for shipping 10/06/2006

A10_popup.jpg

I don't know about that "burnished" finish on the uncirculated coins.

I've seen that finish on some Sacs and I didn't like it at all.

JoanJet, if you want to see a reverse proof take a look at the Australian lunar series, that is somewhat of a reverse proof.

The reverse proof coin should look really good. I've seen other bullion coins made in a similar manner, the Austrailian Kookaburra comes to mind, if I understand the "reverse proof" correctly.

I really want one but $100 is something I don't have.

There's always Christmas.....

I've got every uncirculated Silver Eagle since 1986.. and... I don't have the money for this set, too.. 100 bucks, pooh.. I believe I would buy me maybe 4 or 5 Morgan Dollars, and pay 100 bucks for only three ounces of silver is really to expensive.

Marvin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've got every uncirculated Silver Eagle since 1986.. and... I don't have the money for this set, too.. 100 bucks, pooh.. I believe I would buy me maybe 4 or 5 Morgan Dollars, and pay 100 bucks for only three ounces of silver is really to expensive.

Marvin

THE MINT IS SELLING THE BU ASE WITH THE WEST POINT MINT MARK INDIVIDUALLY FOR ABOUT 20 BUCKS IF THAT HELPS.

JONESY37

THE MINT IS SELLING THE BU ASE WITH THE WEST POINT MINT MARK INDIVIDUALLY FOR ABOUT 20 BUCKS IF THAT HELPS.

JONESY37

Thank you Joseny, but I found somebody who will sell me an uncirculated Silver Eagle with mintmark w. But thanks for the information, maybe I will order one, too.

Marvin

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about that "burnished" finish on the uncirculated coins.

I've seen that finish on some Sacs and I didn't like it at all.

I stand corrected.

Here is a picture of the uncirculated burnished "W" eagle from an Ebay auction and man does it look good!

10.06.06A-313.jpga.jpg

10.06.06A-314.jpga.jpg

$100 puts it out of my interest range but they sound interesting. Possibility for some Ebay crazines on them too I imagine so I suspect I won't be picking one up on the cheap either. I am thinking about getting a W mint mark , though. I have a W mint mark dime already but an actual W mint marked SAE seems like an interesting idea.

I was thinking of getting it as I do collect the SAE proofs. But I decided against it for 2 reasons: 1)the $100 price is quite high and I could use the money for my other collections and 2)I do not want to open myself up to a can of worms should this reverse proof become its own series or if other varients are issued in the years to come. I have learned more discipline recently in narrowing my collecting goals and keeping to my main collections and I hope to keep it that way. :ninja:

Just silver for moi.

If I decide to order a set, silver will be all for me, too.

The gold one is sold out according to the Mint anyway.

I received the Mint posting re this offering today. My first thought was "Now why didn't I anticipate this 20th anniversary!!Just by luck, back in 99 I purchased my first four proofs of the Eagle which I am pleased to see that CoinPrices lists them for about $59... I also have the set from 1986 to present. Now a question...what is a "reverse proof"?

Thanks in advance :ninja:

Archived