France and French-Printed notes

Dave M

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have the Reunion 1000 Francs / 20 Noveaux Francs overprinted note? That'd be a nice score for anyone who collects portraits of women on banknotes.

Some lucky guy on banknotebank has one, although apparently he couldn't be bothered to put up proper scans: http://www.banknotebank.com/viewnote/895994

There were a select few of notes that could be picked up in the early '80's for a pittance compared to their present prices. I bought up a bunch of Falklands notes back in 1982, when you could buy the Pound notes for $5 or so. Now they trade in the $175-250 range. I have been slowly but surely releasing them into the wild.

I picked up a Chinese 2000 dragon polymer commemorative note for about $30 as part of another transaction. I knew it was worth maybe $50 at the time but 4 years later now they are in the $300 range. Not sure whether to sell or hold it for further appreciation.

I have one of those too. Picked it up for about A$95 about 2-3 years ago, I glad to hear that they have appreciated well!

• 2 months later...