CoinPeople.com

France and French-Printed notes

Dave M

WOW!!! Another couple of amazing and beautiful banknotes :ninja: You always seem to surprise me with you amazing notes! ;)

I agree with you that the EU might be butting a blandness on paper money and removing the cultural aspects from banknotes, but they might come around in the future to do something like the second note you posted - which is also a banknote from a currency board \\\'Central African States\\\' with the desiignation for Central African Republic spelled out. Like you last note illustrates, the EU just might issue notes with an overall European flair to them (whatever that may be), but more likely I think, is that they might do like the coins, and issue notes on which one side is designed with an EU Recognizable image, and the other is designed in line with the member country\\\'s cultural and national symbols. And then there might even be some commemorative EU Notes in the future. Well, we can hope anyway!

And once again - - Great New Notes!!!!!

;););)

CCI00002Z2_edited.jpg

CCI00003Z2_edited.jpg

CCI00002Z1_edited.jpg

CCI00003Z1_edited.jpg

CCI00004z1_edited.jpg

CCI00005z11_edited.jpg

CCI00004z2_edited.jpg

CCI00005z2_edited.jpg

CCI00006z3_edited.jpg

CCI00006z2_edited.jpg

A few more very nice AFRICAN NOTES......!Let us hope,DAVE, that what you just said will be the reality in the future shortly,but I doublt

it would be produced as the same in the past....!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CCI00006z11_edited.jpg

FROM CONGO !

What! More Yet?!? Oh, my - Too nice for words.

I feel as a child, playing amongst the great collectors!

Thanks for posting all those lovley notes for us to admire. I must be careful not to stare too long at them on my monitor, lest I ruin my eyes! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait, Madison! :ninja:

In the meantime, another Yugo note I just got:

yugo-P-28-a.jpg

yugo-P-28-b.jpg

Well done.... very nice.... new that he got ur note, just waiting for my birds to arrive before sending.

here the message--)

Hi!

You don't need to send me more than we agreed. I'm satisfied if you send me next time The bird serie. I would send you 100 dinara 1934 again anyway. I promise that i wouldn't trade banknotes you have sent to me. Why I should? I will keep them for my self.

A couple Moroccan notes from the friendly post-lady:

If anyone knows specifically what kasbah this one illustrates I would appreciate the help. I could not find it.

FYI ... kasbah in 100 franc note is 'Aït Ben Haddou' Ouarzazate ... I visited it some 40 years ago during a school trip ... see http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kas..._Ben_Haddou.JPG

Sorry ... cat help with the other one.

Lovely notes

uruguay11930dtl.jpg

uruguay11930.jpg

El Banco de la Republica Oriental del Uruguay contracted with Banque de France in 1930 to print a commemorative series of banknotes celebrating the centennial of Uruguay's independence from Spain. This otherwise very French looking note has Latin American themes, with the Lady Liberty's helmet, the sun emblem etc. Ordinarily until the late 1930's Giesecke & Devrient printers in Munich Germany were the printers of choice for the Uruguayans, this note below is the usual note that circulated until the 1940's:

uruguay11896.jpg

A truly magnificent note, only about 38 years old, but now highly collectable because of the very colourful themes of a tropical paradise:

reunion2nfdtl1.jpg

reunion20nf.jpg

reunion2nfdtl2.jpg

The level of detail in this design is fantastic, down to the sheen on the young lady's teeth, and on the reverse image the over usage of eyeliner!

Those are some beauties for sure! The Uruguay note I especially like because I know how hard it is to find in decent condition :ninja: Thanks for the huge scans, it is amazing to see them with such detail.

Are you back in the collecting fold? Welcome back, or welcome still here, however you like...

Dave