Dave M

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I did not know that there were any South American notes were French Printed.

I haven't sorted my lists by continent, but these (this is the low value of a set of 3) may be the only three from Banque de France in South America. There are quite a few more recent notes printed by Oberthur in France, but they don't have that "French look" to them.

Dave

I haven't sorted my lists by continent, but these (this is the low value of a set of 3) may be the only three from Banque de France in South America. There are quite a few more recent notes printed by Oberthur in France, but they don't have that "French look" to them.

Dave

Three??? No wonder I didn't know!!!

Dave

Good find and a lovely note :ninja:

HERE IS A NEW NOTE TO SHARE:--

CCI00002zz1_edited.jpg

CCI00003zz2_edited.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
That whole 1970 series from Mali is really nice, and reasonably priced too!

Dave

Just curious !! Anybody has any dealing with Bakernotes. It is hard to get a respond from him....!!

'' http://www.bakernotes.com '' He has quite a few VERY NICE FRENCH NOTES....

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently organized a page at http://www.frenchbanknotes.com/banks.php that sorts my French Printed notes by Central Bank, rather than by country. It's quite interesting to look at the notes this way, because all same-design notes end up in the same place, and if one wants to collect just one of each design, this saves having a note in one country collection while all the other countries are clearly missing the note. For me, it also makes it easier to see the big picture of who was issuing notes, and for whom.

Take a look, and let me know what you think.

Dave

I have recently organized a page at http://www.frenchbanknotes.com/banks.php that sorts my French Printed notes by Central Bank, rather than by country. It's quite interesting to look at the notes this way, because all same-design notes end up in the same place, and if one wants to collect just one of each design, this saves having a note in one country collection while all the other countries are clearly missing the note. For me, it also makes it easier to see the big picture of who was issuing notes, and for whom.

Take a look, and let me know what you think.

Dave

I really like this format you have now. I think it better illustrates the issues and gives a nice perspective of the different central banks as well. Good Job! :ninja:

I really like this format you have now. I think it better illustrates the issues and gives a nice perspective of the different central banks as well. Good Job! :ninja:

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I'm enjoying looking at this world sideways a bit, and think I'll keep it up. I'm already finding it easier to sort my want list by central banks.

Dave

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I'm enjoying looking at this world sideways a bit, and think I'll keep it up. I'm already finding it easier to sort my want list by central banks.

Dave

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND A BETTER 2009 TO COME....

Lots of hard work and research.Its nice to have a reference point and wishing all a better collection year in 2009....

Well done..Dave.! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey! well said Dave. My next goal is trying to get some decent notes from the U.S. My dream note is the 1918 BATTLESHIP.. :ninja:

Those battleships are sure neat looking, aren't they? - I've been trying to get a good deal on a 1918 1 dollar flying eagle.... lost a bid for one yesterday ;) ! Oh, well.... there's more out there I guess. - Good luck!

Those battleships are sure neat looking, aren't they? - I've been trying to get a good deal on a 1918 1 dollar flying eagle.... lost a bid for one yesterday ;) ! Oh, well.... there's more out there I guess. - Good luck!

Eagles are nice ,too ,more affordable...Yes, good luck..! :ninja:

Those battleships are sure neat looking, aren't they? - I've been trying to get a good deal on a 1918 1 dollar flying eagle.... lost a bid for one yesterday :ninja: ! Oh, well.... there's more out there I guess. - Good luck!

I find I have to force myself to remember that. When I see a note I want, I'm always thinking "this is the one and only time I will ever see this note again - must bid high!"

Nice notes, Madison.

Dave