CoinPeople.com

Potential E-Bay nightmare

stu62

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...3AIT#la-image-1

I had to go to about 20 more pages to get approved to bid. Check out the feedback.Plus I think the coin is cleaned (opinions please).They don't ship !?! I'll have to pick the coin up myself.I am so obsessed with getting one of these I feel I've lost my mind.

It's probably just me, but whenever a company makes it too hard to do business with them - local, ebay, online, whatever - I just walk. There are plenty of places to spend my money. They can keep their hastles.

It's probably just me, but whenever a company makes it too hard to do business with them - local, ebay, online, whatever - I just walk. There are plenty of places to spend my money. They can keep their hastles.

Very true Art,I'm demented about getting one of these,common sense is rapidly disappearing.

Funny thing you should post this. I am eyeing a few lots in this auction, one coin seriously. For me, picking up lots is only a subway ride away so not a big deal. I've never dealt with them but they make it so hard that it almost seems like they want people not to bid. Maybe that's a good reason to bid since many buyers will be scared away.

If you do bid, don't bid through eBay, the buyers premium is higher than if you bid right through their site.

Funny thing you should post this.  I am eyeing a few lots in this auction, one coin seriously.  For me, picking up lots is only a subway ride away so not a big deal.  I've never dealt with them but they make it so hard that it almost seems like they want people not to bid.  Maybe that's a good reason to bid since many buyers will be scared away.

If you do bid, don't bid through eBay, the buyers premium is higher than if you bid right through their site.

I wished I had known about the extra E-Bay premium.I bid considering all costs.I agree that I might get a bargain because of their onerous policies.

Very true Art,I'm demented about getting one of these,common sense is rapidly disappearing.

Are you set on having that particular year, mint?

If not there are several graded coins listed. 1

1873 cc

etc

So are these really hard to come by? I'd think between teletrade, Heritage, Superior etc. you'd be able to get one without all that effort. Sheesh!

I actually am hot for a 73-CC. AU's cleaned and otherwise are out there but they are out of my price range. On a good day maybe I could afford a trouble free XF.I guess with this coin I'm trying to get a bargain(?). These are very difficult to find below XF.

Ahh one of those that didn't circulate much then. Good luck then, I hope it'll be worth all the effort :ninja:

I still haven't been approved to bid. This is getting to be silly.

No offense intended, but it looked silly to me from the jump. I don't fool with people who want me to jump through hoops for their amusement. Life's too short, y'know.

I'll bet you can find one of these elsewhere and live happily ever after without having any more hassle out of those folks. Acquisitions in a hobby have to be enjoyable or the whole point of the hobby is lost for me. When it gets to be troublesome, it seems more like a job or something.

I bid fairly low to cover my expenses if I have to pick this coin up personally.I was watching earlier lots live on E-bay.Interesting. Stuff was going pretty high. I think this is the type of auction you have to be there live.

Jeez dude, a 73-CC trade is no big deal at all. U don't need to mess around with people that give you the run around...just buy it straight up from a reputable dealer. Sure as h-e-l-l won't have to pay 20%+ buyer's premium that way.

Got my 2 trades through this guy. (www.cwwoodruff.com) Don't think he has any in stock now but he has some awesome deals from time to time.

Archived