CoinPeople.com

Mark's Mail

Mark Stilson

Thank you very much. Got it updated on omnicoin now.

Next group 1917 d mint mark on obverse half dollar

948198.jpg

1876 Russian rouble solder left at 3:00 and 9:00 from broach pin. This was bought from bulk silver bin.

948194.jpg

1901 O Morgan dollar

948196.jpg

1881 O Morgan dollar

948195.jpg

1833 large cent

948193.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost forgot to post this here. (BTW if anybody can confirm this I would appreciate it.)

1654 1 Albus (2 Kreuzer) German States either Mainz or Worms

949359.jpg

Biting the bullet bought a Krause catalog 1600 to 1700 world coin book. Just waiting on it.

Low price impulse buys today.

1913 Mexico one peso. Always wanted one of these.

949472.jpg

Common year but kind of a novelty with the "expensive" holder. Can you imagine going to a savings and loan and as a freebie they hand you one of these?

Says " Compliments of American Savings & Loan Association" and the address and phone number on the flip.

1898 O Morgan Dollar.

949473.jpg

1695 Germany Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel 12 mariengroschen Rudolf Augustus with wild man grasping stick Somebody needed to make change. Old cut on edge.

949474.jpg

Krause World Coins 1601-1700 catalog. Just kind of disappointed found a couple of my coins. But they don't show a picture of the same coin. But it does mention variations. (1654 1 Albus (2 Kreuzer) German States Mainz KM# 100 ) The shield has the same symbols just a little different on placement.

• 2 weeks later...

4 coins tonite.

1898 Russian Rouble

950371.jpg

A medal Minted at the Potosi mint Bolivia

Head OF Melgarejo, Obverse Legend EL HEROE DE DICIEMBRE Reverse dragon with legend SALVA LA PATRIA DE LA ANARQUIA 1865

950370.jpg

1845 1/4 Real minted in Lima Peru (Small coin less then a half dime size.)

950369.jpg

1763 1 Poltura Obverse Maria Theresa Reverse Madonna and child Minted in Kremnitz, Hungary Maria Theresa Born 1717 A.D., Archduchess of Austria and Queen of Hungary and Bohemia, 1740-80 A.D.

950368.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Will post pictures later in the week. No monsters just some honest wear coins picked these up at a church sale. First on kind of surprised me see it there. An russian 1817 2 kopek. Next unc 1896 morgan dollar vam 23 near date slanted, 1939 s f walking liberty half. Then a group of g to vf standing quarters 1926 s, 1927, 1928, 1928 s, 1930.

More nice additions. Good run of Standing Liberties there. I really like that Mexican 1 Peso you posted back in July. It's a great looking coin.

• 4 weeks later...

Some Texas General Merchandise store tokens.

Guessing on the date Around 1890 W.D. Keuper was one of the early settlers of Schulenburg Texas Square Nail hole in center of token

958272.jpg

Another Guess on the date. H.F. Hohlt born December 16, 1859 In 1890 he was president of the First National Bank in Brenham Texas and also a merchant.

958271.jpg

This one was kind of interesting. B.M. Co Bonus Texas. Bonus was a company town built and operated by William Thomas Eldridge. (Eldridge road in Houston was named after him. ) Later he Partnered with the Kempner family and started Imperial Sugar in Sugar Land Texas. Both obverse and reverse the same. White metal composition.

958270.jpg

For more info on Eldridge and Bonus Texas.

What surprised me was looking at this one on teletrade. If they call this an au 58 I need to send mine in for a crossover + . I saw a pcgs 62 with about the same wear on the eagle shoulder if not more.Heres a pcgs 63. Now they may be prone to soft strike issues but to me that looks like wear.

Without close examination and a lot of experience it's hard to differentiate strike problems such as worn or poorly constructed dies, bagging injuries, and especially light usage. They're wonderful pieces and I feel that they'll gain in value significantly over the short/med timeframe.

1910 KM-453 Mexico Peso CABALLITO First year of issue for this coin minted 1910 thru 1913 light toning around edges.

958650.jpg

Hey, an easy series to finish out. Already got the 1913, just need to get 1911 and 1912.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Group of coins, just not sure if I'm going to take pictures of any of them. Probably just a group shot of the silver since this thread is worthless without pictures. :ninja: Friend of my sons always hitting the flea markets and buying coins. Only problem is he has no idea what he should pay. He's brought them in at different times and showed them to me. 99 % of the time he has paid way over what he should. I keep telling him at least get a red book. The prices may be off but at least he may have an idea what to spend. Anyways he lost his job and needed money. Went on ebay showed him prices and made a deal. Most of the silver stuff common years and low grade And I really don't need another couple rolls of wheat pennies. (May be a give away sometime.)

haha. what a horrible story! I've saved my own father from buyer's remorse a few times: "Dad, the stuff they sell on that channel is WAY overpriced. Hopefully you didn't already purchase the complete set of mint sets."

haha. what a horrible story! I've saved my own father from buyer's remorse a few times: "Dad, the stuff they sell on that channel is WAY overpriced. Hopefully you didn't already purchase the complete set of mint sets."

Nope, did go ahead and just to help out paid $1.50 each for some au Ikes you can get from the bank to help out. He bought them for $4.00. I was hoping he had something, got some spare cash and would not have minded parting with to help him. At least this time he did sit down with me and maybe he will learn to think some before buying coins.

Forgot I had this laying around for a few weeks. (Nope, not one of his Ikes. ) 1971 S silver pcgs ms65. Picked up on ebay less then bulk submission price on grading.

961536.jpg

1876 5 francs Paris mint, bee and anchor privy marks.

Paris mint denoted by the A the privy marks bee is for Director Renouard deBussiere 1860 thru 1879 and anchor is for the engraver general Albert-Desire Barre 1855 to 1878

961753.jpg

Not quite as dark in hand as pictures seem.

(Hey, Deadpoint heres the one I was talking about. Almost the same coin just 100 years older.)