Top Posters In This Topic

Okay a busy day

My first 2007 a silver eagle.

919280.jpg

Now that prices dropped on these. Benjamin Franklin Scientist

919279.jpg

1968 Aswan Dam Commemorative 1 pound from the bulk silver box

919278.jpg

Next my favorite 1887 O VAM 2 Doubled 1 and tripled 7 date One of the largest shifts known. With part of the double on the 1 showing up as a dot on the left side also the tripling showing up as a dot on the left side of the 7

919277.jpg

The Aswan Dam Commem is impressive.

Yep, it caught my eye. Most of the coins are the same from week to week. Just a few ones get tossed in. Same bin I picked up the one with the stella and two hawks. Thought about picking up one of the BU russian rouble fakes and tossing it over in the russian forum. (It is silver and sold for silver price+ mark up.) No copy marks on it but they do tell you its a copy.

Working on mint marks in my redbook.

1894 O Morgan Dollar

919624.jpg

And one vam

1882 O over S mint mark VAM 4 recessed die. Just not sure whether early or late die state. It does appear to have a triangle shape on the bar.

919625.jpg

1882o_sdollarcloseup2.jpg

Working on mint marks in my redbook.

1894 O Morgan Dollar

919624.jpg

And one vam

1882 O over S mint mark VAM 4 recessed die. Just not sure whether early or late die state. It does appear to have a triangle shape on the bar.

919625.jpg

1882o_sdollarcloseup2.jpg

First up a impulse coin. 1765 russian 5 Kopek This has been "oiled/greased". But I got it cheap.

919961.jpg

Working on commemoratives 2004 uncirculated Edison with box

919964.jpg

Working on Morgan mint marks 1880 s Vam 34 S mint mark set to left and entire date slightly doubled.

919963.jpg

Also working on types 1878 8 tail feather vam 14.5 Spiked A with Open Nostril E is doubled to the right.

919962.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dropping in the bulk silver bin another Egyptian pound. 1970 Al-Azhar Mosque 1000 year Anniversary

920971.jpg

Doing a big upgrade from my ag 1878 cc A 1878-CC VAM-2 Die Chip on Nose, Doubled LIBERTY with a circle die crack.

920970.jpg

Still marking date/types off the redbook A 1900 O over O over CC I'm not absolutely sure which one but I believe it to be a 1900-O VAM-8A O/O/CC Centered, Shifted Left with Rust Spots, Near Date

921212.jpg

Are you able to cherry pick a cool VAM variety every time you scan a dealer's lesser-grade stock? In other words, if you searched through a dealer's more common morgans, how often do you see a noteable VAM just sitting there?

Are you able to cherry pick a cool VAM variety every time you scan a dealer's lesser-grade stock? In other words, if you searched through a dealer's more common morgans, how often do you see a noteable VAM just sitting there?

Lower grades are tough sometimes. Different id'ing points may not show up. I love looking thru a group of ms range coins. Even common dates. I don't bring a vam book just my redbook. But I always bring my loupe an look for common signs of vams. (Doubles, shifted mint marks, clashes, gouges, etc.) If there are two of the same year but one has an oddity. I'll get the odd one. Really vams are pretty common since there were several dies used each year and mint. One shop I go to has a pretty wide range of coins and if I really look I'll find at least one.

• 2 weeks later...