CoinPeople.com

Mark's Mail

Mark Stilson

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Are those silver? They look nice - I can't remember when I have seen quarter elongates - are there halves and dollars as well?

Nope, made them from clad quarters. I wish I had known they had those. I would have brought a few junk silvers along. First time I had seen this type also.

It surprised me the Yosemite store did not have the comm.'s coins there also. I did get another nail on aluminum medallion for my walking stick though. So far for that parks I've visited include Yosemite, Grand Canyon North rim, Grand Canyon bright angel trail, Zion, and Arches. I need to order a couple more for other places I missed getting while I was there.

2000 Isle of Man brass from original Prime Meridian at the Royal Greenwich Observatory.

I don't know the words to describe it, but I love the effect on the Queen. The nickels are great too.

Do you mean that coin is made of brass? And what do you mean from the original meridian? Did they rip up the marker and melt it?

The Isle of Man coin is just too cool! The details in the Queen's hair are pretty outstanding.

What's going on with the proof buffalo nickel there? Is it the lighting, design, or is the back half of the buffalo just not fully cameoed?

I don't know the words to describe it, but I love the effect on the Queen. The nickels are great too.

Do you mean that coin is made of brass? And what do you mean from the original meridian? Did they rip up the marker and melt it?

Its a silver crown. Just the marker on the reverse center is brass. The brass part is from the original prime meridian which was marked by a brass line at the Greenwich Royal Observatory. On that page click on "Prime Meridian". There is also some info about the Observatory on the page and links from it.

The Isle of Man coin is just too cool! The details in the Queen's hair are pretty outstanding.

What's going on with the proof buffalo nickel there? Is it the lighting, design, or is the back half of the buffalo just not fully cameoed?

Just the lighting. Trying to get a shot thru plastic is hard for me.

Its a silver crown. Just the marker on the reverse center is brass. The brass part is from the original prime meridian which was marked by a brass line at the Greenwich Royal Observatory. On that page click on "Prime Meridian". There is also some info about the Observatory on the page and links from it.

Oh! :ninja: I see the brass now.

The observatory is my favorite place to visit in London. I'm a geography nut.

;) Would a collection of those tokens the mint put in the set become another collection? ;)

Why not they are minted by the mint. ;) And they do sell just the envelopes for envelope collectors. :ninja:

Nice 1996 set. I had to take mine out of the plastic to get a decent scan. That Kennedy looks like it's been polished. It's so reflective. WOW!.