CoinPeople.com

Mark's Mail

Mark Stilson

3 new coins from Hungary.

First the 1611 I was expecting. 1 DENAR coin 1611 King Matthias II Madonna and child with rays

961970.jpg

Then a couple so I don't sit out the dated coins thread completely.

1 DENAR coin 1584 King Rudolf II Madonna and child

961969.jpg

1 DENAR 1569 King Maximilian II Madonna and child

961968.jpg

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great coins, Mark. Is this a new collecting area for you?

Nah, mostly a low cost whim right now. But I have been looking more at the 1700 European and earlier stuff. Even picked up a krause 1601 to 1700 catalog.

One more Morgan year/mint I was missing.

1889 O

962445.jpg

Have not done much checking on vam, but looks like a normal vam 1. Does have a die clash by left wing and a small one above the right wing. But I don't see any other transfers.

Edit VAM 10 wide date

Edit again VAM 11 this time for real. :ninja:

Great addition, Mark. Makes me want to pick up a new Morgan for myself.

That one is kind of tough getting in a decent grade. I am going to continue slowly picking up business strikes and maybe one day have a complete set.

• 4 weeks later...

A duplicate year/mint morgan. One of those right price deals.

963894.jpg

And an addition to my Texas store tokens. No real firm date. But it had to be after he got the town renamed.

WALBURG, TEXAS. Store token Henry Doering moved to the area in 1881 and opened a general store the following year. In 1886 he added a post office and renamed the settlement after his hometown of Walburg, Germany. Color off actual color silver. Made of aluminum.

963895.jpg

More nice stuff. Your Morgan collection is really moving along.

Not fast enough. At least it seems like. Been saving money and have not really picked up a morgan I needed for awhile. Except the 1889 O. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the next missing one soon. Waiting on a couple more safety incentive gift cards from work. Hopefully they may make it in this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A tough in higher grades 1886-S VAM-2 S/S Repunched Mint Mark and one of the the morgans I have needed.

This coin is a Top 100 Morgan VAM

2 III2 1 C3b (S/S) (187) I-2 R-4

Obverse III2 1 - Some specimens have die chips in 6 all across opening f top loop and in the upper part of the lower loop.

Reverse C3b - Doubled IV S mint mark tilted left with thin vertical line to right of top serif and metal at top left side of bottom serif.

1886-S VAM-2 S/S. The 1886-S VAM-2 has a repunched mintmark. A small portion of the S can be seen in front of the upper right serif as well as through the notched lower serif on the S.

This one does have the die chips in the loops of the 6.

968435.jpg

A tough in higher grades 1886-S VAM-2 S/S Repunched Mint Mark and one of the the morgans I have needed.

This coin is a Top 100 Morgan VAM

2 III2 1 C3b (S/S) (187) I-2 R-4

Obverse III2 1 - Some specimens have die chips in 6 all across opening f top loop and in the upper part of the lower loop.

Reverse C3b - Doubled IV S mint mark tilted left with thin vertical line to right of top serif and metal at top left side of bottom serif.

1886-S VAM-2 S/S. The 1886-S VAM-2 has a repunched mintmark. A small portion of the S can be seen in front of the upper right serif as well as through the notched lower serif on the S.

This one does have the die chips in the loops of the 6.

968435.jpg

I only see the pic of the 1886-S if that is what Matt is referring to.

Picked up 3 Texas store tokens I have not researched them yet.

Not very many store tokens from Wesley Texas. At least that I know of. A. BORMANN, GEN. MDSE. WESLEY, TEX. Good For 10¢ In Trade

968947.jpg

Joekel & Williams in Giddings Texas good for 1$ in mechandise.

968948.jpg

The third one I have not got a shot if yet. I will post later.

Here is the third store token

P.H. Luecke Drugs & etc. Giddings, Texas Good for 5 cents in merchandise Store token

969126.jpg

BTW if anyone else is interested or has any store tokens check out Richard's Token Database. He has a U.S. and foreign section.

• 4 weeks later...