Scottishmoney

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

port5centavos1927.jpg

Portugal 5 Centavos 1927.

port201921.jpg

Portugal 20 Centavos 1921.

And to make matters much worse, I ventured to the Portugal tourism site today, oh my what a remarkably beautiful country, I think I should have to visit there so I can haunt the beaches and the coin shops.

;)  ;)  :lol:  ;)

Oh Jo-se^ee!!!!! Can I talk with you for a moment?

NO, only I get to collect Portuguese coins! Darn it, I start collecting these, and now Tiff is collecting them. I do NOT like competition :ninja::cry: Now Sisu wants them...

They are just really nice coins, so collectible, and probably really not that common by comparison to other countries, Portugal is a fairly small country.

NO, only I get to collect Portuguese coins!  Darn it, I start collecting these, and now Tiff is collecting them.  I do NOT like competition :ninja:  :lol:  Now Sisu wants them...

I promise, the only trouble I'll give you is when 1963 issues are on the line. :cry:

NO, only I get to collect Portuguese coins!  Darn it, I start collecting these, and now Tiff is collecting them.  I do NOT like competition :ninja:  ;)  Now Sisu wants them...

They are just really nice coins, so collectible, and probably really not that common by comparison to other countries, Portugal is a fairly small country.

These coins just took Sir Sisu attention because he has some coins with similar designs that he never saw BU. ;)

Well, not that scarce i can get them by the Kilogram (not in that grade tough...) :cry:

Honestly, Portuguese numismatic isn't as "rich" as the German, French and Italian (among others), but there are some very nice designs one should get if you're a world coin collector.

Jose :lol:

And to make matters much worse, I ventured to the Portugal tourism site today, oh my what a remarkably beautiful country, I think I should have to visit there so I can haunt the beaches and the coin shops.

Dave will turn 4 centavos coins scarce... :ninja:

You're welcome, just avoid the summer and Algarve, more than half of the people there are retired English. :lol:

Jose :cry:

Dave will turn 4 centavos coins scarce... ;)

You're welcome, just avoid the summer and Algarve, more than half of the people there are retired English.  :lol:

Jose :cry:

I would avoid anywhere where there are lots of English tourists, they are just too much like Americans and look and eat like them too. :ninja: I prefer to hang out with the Latin crowd, their food, music, and dance are much better ;)

These coins just took Sir Sisu attention because he has some coins with similar designs that he never saw BU. :lol: 

Yup, I already have the 2,4,5,10,50 centavos. Just not BU. Expect a PM from me soon. :cry:

NO, only I get to collect Portuguese coins!  Darn it, I start collecting these, and now Tiff is collecting them.  I do NOT like competition :ninja:  ;)  Now Sisu wants them...

Actually, I have had this design for years already. The haul of coins that my great-uncle left me some years ago had a few of the centavos coins from Portuguese Guiné. Here are 2:

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=890089

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=890090

While nice, they do not have that "WOW!" factor that a unc version has. I did not see that until you put the 4 centavos as your avatar. That is when I decided to get better examples. Blame yourself. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stujoe
The too bad thing is, that could be my nude entry into the PCI-6, but this coin was prize was promised to my daughter.

Let her enter it. :ninja:

And I am still flabbergasted that those got there that fast. They must have thrown them out the window to the guy on the pony express horse as soon as I handed them over at the counter.

Archived