Scottishmoney's Scavengings

Scottishmoney

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

usa10c1869dtl.jpg

usa10c1869.jpg

FR-1258 10¢ issued from 1869-1875, one of my favourite fractionals and one that is hard to find in pristine shape, at a good price. The vignette is a young personification of Miss Liberty, from back when Liberty was idolized instead of dead corrupt politicians.

anne1707ecrown.jpg

Crown from Edinburgh mint, minted during the great recoinage of 1707-1708 whence all older Scottish denominated coinage was called in and melted and minted into British sterling. The Edinburgh mint was to have remained open, but in reality it was closed to minting coins in 1709, but still had staff on salary until 1815!

• 1 month later...

It was likely created by a master engraver, probably GMM, Edix2001 posted something about some archival materiel that he was selling on here. I also got some pewter medals that are very very similar to Macedonian style coinage. Amazing designs. But this piece was probably created for a pendant or something, it is in silver. I like it because of the wonderfully executed and enigmatic design.

• 2 weeks later...
It was likely created by a master engraver, probably GMM, Edix2001 posted something about some archival materiel that he was selling on here. I also got some pewter medals that are very very similar to Macedonian style coinage. Amazing designs. But this piece was probably created for a pendant or something, it is in silver. I like it because of the wonderfully executed and enigmatic design.

It's a work of art. :ninja:

• 1 year later...

Lincoln C & C came in the post this morn, picked up at 0730 at the PO. It is fine, but donna like the wee bit greasiness of the capsules that I had to clean off, otherwise the coins are perfect.

No, I am not flipping it. It is mine, all mine. Lincoln is one of the few presidents worthy of having his image on a coin in my collection.

Lincoln C & C came in the post this morn, picked up at 0730 at the PO. It is fine, but donna like the wee bit greasiness of the capsules that I had to clean off, otherwise the coins are perfect.

No, I am not flipping it. It is mine, all mine. Lincoln is one of the few presidents worthy of having his image on a coin in my collection.

nice. i thought about getting one to flip it but totally forgot about it at the appointed time (was preparing for a trip).

Archived