CoinPeople.com

Sir Sisu's Slippery Slope

Sir Sisu

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more crowns for the collection. I was somewhat disappointed with these: cleaned and dinged up. I will look to upgrade these at some point but they can stay for now. They still make for nice chunks of silver.

Cuba peso OBVERSE

Cuba peso REVERSE

Iran 5 rial OBVERSE

Iran 5 rial REVERSE

Panama balboa OBVERSE

Panama blaboa REVERSE

Another for my head-start on the 19th century:

Brazil Rev

Brazil Obv

I also got some other world silver (Israel 250 prutah, Philippine 20 centavos, some Canadian 10 cents), a scratched Finn commem for bullion, and a 3d from 28p.

Some more crowns for the collection. I was somewhat disappointed with these: cleaned and dinged up. I will look to upgrade these at some point but they can stay for now. They still make for nice chunks of silver.

Cuba peso OBVERSE

Cuba peso REVERSE

Iran 5 rial OBVERSE

Iran 5 rial REVERSE

Panama balboa OBVERSE

Panama blaboa REVERSE

Another for my head-start on the 19th century:

Brazil 2000 reis OBVERSE

Brazil 2000 reis REVERSE

I also got some other world silver (Israel 250 prutah, Philippine 20 centavos, some Canadian 10 cents), a scratched Finn commem for bullion, and a 3d from 28p.

Those Balboas are so neat! Interesting Cuban piece also - I don't see them often.

Brazil!  :ninja:

Those Balboas are so neat!  Interesting Cuban piece also - I don't see them often.

Thanks!

The Cuban peso interests me too. I have had the 40 centavos pieces for some time and they basically look the same. So everytime I have seen an image of the peso, I always imagined it to be the same size. So when I first got this peso I was taken aback -it was actually as big as a crown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These came about a week or so ago, but I have been on a major coin fasting for the past month or so.

One of my all-time favorite average circulation coins. This one is a semi key date (still relatively common)

910866.jpg

And also the first toned Finn coin that I have ever purchased. However, that is not the reason I bought this one. This coin came encased in a rectangular plastic case (only the 1989 Nordic Skiing commem was done completely this way), while the majority of these came in a soft plastic 2x2-like flip holder.

910865.jpg

I intend to leave it in here and tone as it may.

• 3 weeks later...

It in past few days I have received some great stuff, but have not taken pictures of all, but here it goes:

2006 Netherlands €5 commem from T_3

2005P US Sac dollar from Art

1945P US billon 5 cent from Blackhawk

and finally picked up my auction wins today:

Elizabeth II sovereign

911223.jpg

Weimar Republic 3 mark

911224.jpg

and the first year of issue for a Finnish proof sets: 1994

obverse

reverse

booklet view

The large silver round is of Soldan, a former Mintmaster, and the reverse is for the 100th year of the Finnish Mint

• 3 weeks later...
This is some of the best looking bullion I've seen. :ninja:

There are no silver bullion here like the US Eagles or the Canadian Maple issues as you could probably guess. And of the old commems this one is the only one that had a large mintage AND a fineness of .900 (The rest from the 70s and 80s were .500).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived