CoinPeople.com

Sir Sisu's Slippery Slope

Sir Sisu

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's a neat design, I'd love to see the proof!

I am not so good with taking proof photos with my camera, but I will give it a try.

Meanwhile thanks to your assistance this is my most recent purchase: my first crown in months that is going towards my crown collection. :ninja:

912595.jpg

• 1 month later...
Very nice coin, Sir, I need that one too.

But...  isn't that one way too small for your collection????

My apologies for not answering this sooner. :ninja:

It is too small for my silver crown collection, but not as part of a long-term side collection I am working on: a type set of circulating silver (including billon) coins of the 20th century. I hope to achieve this with higher grade coins.

As I may be becoming a student again this autumn (and thus having the corresponding non-existant budget :lol: ), I am working on a few final indulgences for my silver crown (and crown-like) collection. This one arrived today.

1966Bahamas2dollarsF.jpg

1966Bahamas2dollarsB.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
That portrait on the Peso always reminds me of those hornbill birds.

Yeah, that nose definitely has character. :ninja:

Great shape though.

Thanks! It really is.

I was not able to take a picture that did it justice. The "stain" on the reverse is barely noticeable in hand and the frost on the coin would would make Frosty the Snowman blush! I just could not capture it on camera.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up my first book in a while: The Silver Dollars of North and South America. Published by Whitman in 1964, the prices are way dated and underrated, but it works as a great checklist reference towards one of my main collections, since there were not many new silver types produced after this year. In addition, the book lists types back to the 17th century for some countries, and has other bits of interesting info as well as a decent bibliography section.

Not purchases, but a gift from my mother-in-law who just returned from a trip to Israel. From circulation, all in great shape XF-aUNC:

20 New Sheqalim banknote

10 New Sheqalim 2005

5 New Sheqalim 2005

1 New Sheqalim 2005

1/2 New Sheqalim 2002

2x 10 Agorot 2005+2006

Archived