CoinPeople.com

Longest and shortest mail timings

gxseries

Sometimes I have to be impressed with the various mailing times from various parts of the world.

While a mail from overseas would generally take 2 weeks or so, I had some suprising mailing speed "record" as I should call it.

One of which was a mail from the US to Australia took a record of just 3 days, and I can't figure out how that happened. But I didn't order some EMS service!!! Just regular snail mail.

On the other hand, a mail from the US did take 2 months to reach here!!! Now that's really snail mail.

The worst record that I had was a mail from Russia that took over 3 months. Needless to say I almost forgot about it :ninja:

Shortest to shipment was the one Harri mentioned. Needless to say we were both shocked. :ninja:

Longest I sent was about 3 weeks to Romania.

Shortest received, I have no idea.

Longest was a month coming from Bulgaria.

My son got coins from SisuLand in two days from the postmark date from Helsinki. I have had several mails from the UK that have come in two days also. But right now I am waiting for something mailed two weeks ago from Lexington KY.

I am two weeks out on something mailed from the Czech Republic with some ancients in it.

We need to arrange a good trade for Portugal coins.  And I owe you something really really nice, since Ms. Isabel graces my top 10 favourite coins.

I see, its "Isabel" now... :ninja:

Sure we can make a trade, just PM a list of the stuff you're looking for and i'll search for them (specify acceptable grade, sometimes even common coins are hard to get in a certain grade and uncleaned).

Jose ;)

Fastest ship time would be 4 days from Indiana to the Netherland which is usually very very quick.

Slowest was two and a half months from Indiana to Norway. Guess the mail goes through a clearing house in Germany and they don't forward to Norway until they have a full load?

Currently have a package MISSING in Greece unless the U.S. Mail accidently threw the package in surface mail, which would take weeks and weeks, instead of air mail which I paid a very large sum of money to get it there quickly. Boy how I wish that large parcel would show up in my Greek collectors hands!!!

Of course I have two packages missing right now (bubble mailers) that should have arrived within 3 days but still missing. One only went a couple hundred miles and the other to New York? No sign of either as of this date. Must of ended up in the wrong bag of mail as well?

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine in the US got a post card from me today ... one that I had mailed in NL in late September. :ninja:

To be fair, all other cards that I had sent during that vacation (to addresses in Europe and the US) arrived within a couple of days. This one, well, we thought it had simply gone lost. But nooo ...

Christian

sept.gif

Yes, further south though (Zeeland) ... This was one of those foldable cards, much wider than regular post cards, that you "close" with a sticker. Maybe that was why it got stuck somewhere, don't know. But all's well that ends well. :ninja:

Christian

Archived