CoinPeople.com

Coin Shows on Shop At Home TV

joanjet

For anyone interested - Shop At Home TV is having the following shows beginning tonight: The 25 All-Time Best Deals will be featured:

October 27 - 10:00 p.m. to midnight

October 28 - Midnight to 1:00 a.m.; 4:00 - 8:00 a.m.; 10:00 p.m. - midnight

October 29 - Midnight to 1:00 a.m.; 4:00 - 8:00 a.m.; 10:00 p.m. - midnight

October 30 - Midnight to 1:00 a.m.; 4:00 - 9:00 a.m.; 10:00 p.m. - midnight

October 31 - Midnight to 5:00 a.m.; 6:00 - 9:00 a.m.; 9:00 p.m. - midnight

Above times are all Eastern.

Have a great day everybody!!

:ninja:;);):lol::cry:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes these guys are comical once you see through the fog!All the proof sets they sell are low-end ones, they already went through them for the better grade cameos and send them of to get graded and sell those for $$$!.Also some of there "Graded" third party coins and curency are from a firm I never heard of!!!Iam talkin about the "coin Vault" guys. :ninja:

And everything is "SO RARE!", I seen them many times trying to sell morgans and say most are BU!, yea right, go to there home sight and see the same ad and it will say xf to au!!!!!!!!!these guys cherry pick everything and sell the crap thats left, plain & simple.Did you see how much money they are makeing on the "Kannas city brick"!of 2 dollar bills?and some new gradeing comp. that I never heard of gradeing them? they are in ca-hoots withem no dought!!!! :ninja:

I almost got suckered :ninja: . I had never seen the show and I was channel surfing laying in bed and just caught the end of them selling rolls of the steel wheats. I thought to myself.................WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why isn't everyone buying these things??? I jump outts bed get on the puter and head to the website and it says they are "reprocessed". I didn't hear them mention that on the damn tv.

Wonder how many of those end up on ebay?

Wanna get suckered?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-Cheerios-Sacagawe...1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow! A Cheerios Sacky for only $56!! What a steal!!!

What's a Cheerios Sacky? Did it come out of a box of Cheerios and if it did why does anyone think that makes it more valuable?

Being a big time newbie at coin collecting I was proud that I at least checked out the website before just grabing the phone and calling. They NEVER said anything about being reprocessed while talking about them. I kept thinking though that this was as the old saying goes "To Good to be True".

What's a Cheerios Sacky? Did it come out of a box of Cheerios and if it did why does anyone think that makes it more valuable?

They ae indeed called Cheeios Sacky's because they came out of boxes of Cheerios. As part of a promotion to introduce the new dollar, some 5000 of the new 2000 Sac dollars were put into boxes of Cheerios in late 1999 for sale starting Jan 1 2000.

The cereal company need the coins early so they could get them packaged and into the boxes so the mint struck them for them and sent them off.

After that occured it was decided to make a change in the design on the reverse die.

So those 5000 coins that went out in the cheerios boxes are actually pattern coins that carry a design not used on regular circulation strikes. The only way to get them is to locate either a coin still in the cheerios packaging, or be lucky enough to find one that one of the original finders spent. (The pattern status of these coins was not confirmed until earlier this year.)

Did you see how much money they are makeing on the "Kannas city brick"!of 2 dollar bills?and some new gradeing comp. that I never heard of gradeing them?

If you see them do that again, can you try and make sure you get me the information about the grading service? So far I only have information on nine currency grading firms

To add to what Condor posted..

http://home.earthlink.net/~smalldollars/dollar/page20c.html

And yes they are more Valuable. I've seen a half dozen or so sell on eBay in the $3,000-$4,000 range.

Can you tell me what that means - that the steel cents were "reprocessed?"  Does that mean they were cleaned or what??  Thanks!

Don't know without seeing exactly what you mean, but, frequently, that means that they have been replated - here is a pic Replated 43-S

Notice that the details are kind of filled over?

Here is a pic of a normal (left) and replated (right)

43 reg and plated

It is common with the 43 cents - makes them nice and shiney :ninja:

Archived