CoinPeople.com

The bestest banknotes

MisterMcDoo

It doesn't matter if you have owned them or not... post the most beautiful banknotes you have ever seen.

I'll start it off with this Aruban 500 Florin.

ArubaP15-500Florin-1993-donatedsrb_f.jpg

ArubaP15-500Florin-1993-donatedsrb_b.jpg

These designs were created mainly to appeal to tourists... but I think they are geniunly beautiful. I had a 500 briefly, I had to have it ordered.

heheh...i was running out of modern notes to collect (price/availability-wise), and your post about them is what got me interested in the first place. :ninja:

then mmarotta posted about local currencies, and aidan posted about private issues (chatams and such), and now i have loads of things to collect!

I am fond of this one. These are poor pictures, the note in hand has much better color to it.

CZK26S.JPG

CZK26SR.JPG

June 16, 2005 6:26am

Aw, my links went bust...

Let me see if I can scan my note in real quick tonight and fix the busted links.

heheh...i was running out of modern notes to collect (price/availability-wise), and your post about them is what got me interested in the first place.  :ninja:

then mmarotta posted about local currencies, and aidan posted about private issues (chatams and such), and now i have loads of things to collect!

You don't have one from Saor EireAnn, only Tiffybunny, 16D and the short snorter project do. The rest are either in Russia or in Saor EireAnn.

One that I own:

RomaniaPNew-1000000Lei-2003-donatedcs_f.jpg

RomaniaPNew-1000000Lei-2003-donatedcs_b.jpg

And one I don't:

NetherlandsP98-250Gulden-1985(1986)-donatedth_f.jpg

NetherlandsP98-250Gulden-1985(1986)-donatedth_b.jpg

Of course, there are numerous other candidates for 'Most beautiful note' others worth mentioning are the Current 2004 Canadian Journey Series, and the modern notes from Switzerland. Maybe i'll post some more later.

• 1 year later...
This is one of the banknote I most like;

Singapore P23a

sg23a.jpg

sg23a_b.jpg

It's nice to know that the note that you like best was from my country, Singapore. The most beautiful ones are from the Bird and Ship Series. The current Portrait Series banknotes are ugly.

If you notice in these two series, there are many meaningful things on the notes. The Changi airport features on the ship $100 denote that it is voted the best airport in the world for many years. The ship series remind us of that Singapore is the busiest port in the world as well as it's strategic location in the world from the times of Straits Settlements right up today. It was then a free port and a crown jewel of the British Empire.

The bird series are just as nice featuring local birds seen in Singapore. Collect all of them in both ship and bird series. :ninja:;););)

see, you know collecting both the ship and bird series would be more than impossible as the highest denomination is 10,000SGD!!! :ninja:

That's true. An advice for those who want to collect Singapore Bird and Ship Series to stop before 10,000 SGD. 1,000 SGD will be just right.

Since 10,000 SGD were produced very much lesser than other denomination, it is unfortunate that in both series, they do not have a 555555. Bird Series only have one solid number A/1 111111 while the Ship series up to AA 222222. In the case of Portrait Series, it is up to OAA 444444. There is no OAA 555555. Just for your information, I have seen both the AA 222222 and A/1 111111 in real note. A few month back, AA222222 appeared and I have a chance to purchase it. The price tag is $40,000 SGD. More than 10 years ago, when it appear, it was at $20,000 SGD. 18 years ago, A/1 111111 was sold by my dealer friend at only $11,000 SGD.

With it's current highest face value, solid numbers $10,000 SGD also does not come cheap. It is not for everyday collectors but for professional and specialized collectors / investors. At this moment, I am just happy with $1000 SGD solid numbers.

;);););)