CoinPeople.com

Has the general increase in US coin prices...

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe

Has the general increase in US coin prices affected your buying?

It really hasn't had a huge affect on me but it might if things keep up like this over the long term. I have been noticing the increases lately. Some of the semi keys I have bought like the 1908-S IHC have quite gone up in price in the last couple of years, it seems. Unfortunately, some of the coins I have not bought yet have been doing the same..like the 1912-S Lib Nickel.

Yeah, I've basically stopped all US collecting until I hit the lottery :ninja:

Yep, I made that decision back in the late 1960's and switched mainly over to other countries coinage. I got bored with collecting by date/mint, too many of the same design differing only by the shape of a couple bits of metal in the date or the presence or absence of a mint mark. [s-S-N-N-N-O-O-O-O-R-R-R-E!]

I've always collected (older) US coins passively. It's one of my collecting areas, though I generally avoid it since US coins are relatively easy (and expensive!) to get compared to lots of other coins.

Well, it was a heck of a lot easier collecting Saints when common dates in MS-63 were running $400 a piece! As it stands now, I am lucky to buy 2 or 3 new Saints for my set in a year. That said, I still make purchases in other areas, like updating my modern sets etc., but the increase in gold prices has put pressure on my purchases.

Not really as I have done very little purchasing for US "back issues". I am basically trying to keep up with the modern stuff. The only "older" coin series I am collecting at the moment are Franklin halves. And since I am not collecting the super supreme 70-state superior specials, the prices are not so high for me.

Archived